Robert Wadlow was born in Alton, Illinois on February 22, 1918, and seemed just like any other baby. However, by the age of one, he was over 3 feet tall, and by his eighth birthday – nearly twice that!
At 13, Robert was the tallest Boy Scout in the world – at a towering 7 feet, 4 inches.
In 1936, he joined a traveling circus and drew massive crowds.
2 years later, he became the spokesman for a shoe company and as a perk, received free shoes (size 37AA). (In comparison … Shaquille O’Neal’s shoe size is but a mere 23)
Due to his extreme height, Robert suffered with a lack of feeling in his legs.
Refusing to use a wheelchair, he chose to wear special braces to help him walk.
Tragically, at the age of 22, one of the braces caused a blister which Robert didn’t notice (due to the lack of feeling in his legs).
This blister eventually led to an infection and ultimately, to the premature death of the gentle, ‘Alton Giant’.
Robert’s last recorded measurement (18 days prior to his passing) was 8 feet, 11.1 inches!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said, Match and Fable’s Janna French is looking for a Truckmate Specialist to make a giant contribution to her client’s business!
POSITION: TRUCKMATE SPECIALIST
OFFICE: CONCORD, ONTARIO
- Position supports current TruckMate operating system
- Coordinate with Managers / Users to identify + assess + prioritize effective responses
- Regular system testing + collaborate with IT + Trimble’s Support Desk + External Specialists to assist in resolution of errors or issues
- Execute on-going system testing to ensure existing & new projects + overall system updates are completed & accurately functioning
- Prepare cost analysis reports for all system upgrades
- Ensure updates & setbacks are reported to all affected parties + departments
- Work with EDI team to ensure client EDI requirements are entered correctly and navigate resolutions on system errors
- Present clear information (written & oral) on efficient system usage + procedures
- Develop and deliver clear + concise documentation + training sessions to end-users
- Experience as a TruckMate System Analyst / Specialist / Super User
- Experience in an LTL Transportation environment (Nice to Have)
- SQL & Crystal Reporting knowledge (Nice to Have)
- Strong analytical + problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze + identify needs, concerns, and effective resolutions
- Strong communication skills + attention to detail + time management + ability to prioritize
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $95,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + 3 weeks’ vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Match and Fable needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Janna French at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the Subject Line of your email reads; BEHEMOTH – MTCHFBL17E22
- In a short email … please tell Janna how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.