In 1895, Tillie Gburek married John Mitkiewicz. 19 years later, John died from an apparent heart condition. Tillie’s next husband, Joseph Ruskowski also died, as did her next boyfriend.
Every morning, Tillie greeted her third husband (Frank Kupczyk) saying “it won’t be long now” … “you’ll be dying soon”.
As Frank’s health began to deteriorate, Tillie began knitting herself a ‘mourning hat’ and even purchased a bargain coffin – storing it in their basement!
After Frank’s death, Tillie remarried, a fourth time. This husband (Frank Klimek) also fell ill.
However this time, doctors suspected arsenic poisoning – which lab tests confirmed!
As Tillie was being arrested, she turned to the police officer and said “the next one I want to cook a dinner for, is you”.
The bodies of Tillie’s past victims were exhumed, and each was found to contain lethal doses of arsenic.
Tillie’s “weapon of choice”? – a rat poison called – Rough on Rats!
Following her arrest, it was discovered that; 20 people had fallen ill after dining at Tillie’s table (14 of whom had died) and Tillie, newly nicknamed, “The Poison Widow” had life insurance policies on all her husbands!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, now that we have your attention … Mark Krpan is searching for an Account Manager in Calgary.
Based from a home office (with a company vehicle and gas card), the Account Manager will develop the Calgary territory using a structured sales process.
The right candidate is experienced at quickly developing & strengthening client relationships.
This individual must have the ability to analyze client needs and present convincing, value-based solutions.
The Account Manager will own a list of approximately 100 OEM Auto Dealership accounts.
These accounts range from OEM dealers who conduct minimal business with our client … to others who are virtually exclusive with their organization.
Given the account mix, the Account Manager will need to be proficient at nurturing current business, as well as strategic business development to secure net-new revenue.
The Account Manager will generate sales in two, primary ways.
1. Growing “share of wallet” opportunities within an existing client base.
2. Targeting strategic accounts to win them over and secure their business.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
TERRITORY: CALGARY TO RED DEER
- Build genuine relationships and loyalty with every client in your territory via regular sales calls
- Call on Parts Advisors, Parts Managers and Service Advisors at Auto Dealerships located in your territory
- Manage and grow business with ~100 accounts via regular sales calls (~15 – 20 per week)
- 80% of the role involves dealing with current clientele to increase share of wallet spend
- 20% of the role involves targeting strategic accounts to win their business from the competition
- Develop transactional customers into loyal clients … and lift loyal relationships … to trusted advisor status
- Know your territory intimately + develop multiple relationships (deep, high and wide) with every client
- Implement a business plan (and action that plan) using CRM + other company tools
- ~5 years sales experience, in a similar role
- Post-secondary education
- Clear understanding of the sales process
- Proficiency dealing with client contacts at various levels … and navigating past gatekeepers
- An internally driven, consultative & collaborative professional who is a strong presenter and a great listener
- Strong capacity to identify client needs and apply products or services, as appropriate
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $11,250 – $12,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $86,250 – $92,000
OTHER: company vehicle program + benefits + rrsp + work from home
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; POISON WIDOW – 5E22MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description … tell Mark specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.