German band ‘Nena’ released “99 Luftballons” on their 1983 self-titled album.
Following unprecedented success across Europe, an English version (“99 Red Balloons”) was released the following year.
Since the English version wasn’t a direct translation of the original … the band didn’t approve, claiming, “… we made a mistake there. I think the song loses something in translation and even sounds silly.”
As such, even though the band has performed more than 500 concerts over the past 30+ years, Nena has never sung the English version, live!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
That said, while we have your attention, we’d like to tell you about Janna’s newest role.
She is looking for an Ocean Import Coordinator for our client who provides freight services by land, air and sea.
POSITION: OCEAN IMPORT COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS
INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS / TRANSPORTATION
OFFICE: WEST-ISLAND OF MONTREAL
- Track & trace ocean shipment movements – from cradle to grave
- Prepare documentation and manifests of import paperwork for customs
- Communicate with clients, carriers and agents
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Must understand the ocean import game – intimately!
- Self-starter / motivated / energetic
- Superior organizational & time management skill sets
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (mandatory) + Cargowise software (asset)
- Bilingual preferred and looking to develop a career in logistics
BASE SALARY RANGE: $57,000 – $70,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + full-service + on-site gym
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; 99 LUFTBALLONS – 1E22MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.