When leading an orchestra, the subtle (and at times … not so subtle) motions of a conductor’s baton are used to communicate many things to the musicians, including … tempo, time signature, and dynamics.
Without a conductor controlling ‘the flow’, the musicians could obviously still perform but, each would do so based on their individual opinion on how a piece of music should be played.
As such, conflicting opinions could lead to a sub-par performance, and at times – chaos!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much … really.
That said, much like a conductor is responsible for helping deliver a flawless performance, the Logistics Coordinator Janna French is looking for will be tasked with doing the very same thing as they enthusiastically ‘make things happen’!
(Please note: the successful candidate WILL NOT receive a baton to perform their duties!)
Our client provides exceptional end-to-end freight solutions across North America with touchpoints at every port, airport and inland location.
(PS: After the initial 2-4 week on-boarding, the position is fully remote!)
POSITION: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
OFFICE: WORK FROM HOME
- Manage / coordinate smooth daily shipments w/ carriers & customers with ‘cradle-to-grave’ approach
- Source carrier options using TMS and Load boards
- Dispatch carriers and create bills of lading along with any other pertinent documentation
- Communicate to clients on the status on their deliveries
- Ensure systems are followed, up-to-date and policies enforced
- Track and trace every shipment and ensure timelines are met
- Negotiate effectively on rates to maximize profitability
- Perform market research for customer quoting & spot market opportunities
- Communicate immediately with managers on any service issues
- Assist in new business development process
- Assist and effectively handle any client questions/concerns
- Fully remote position (following 2 to 4 weeks of in-office on-boarding / training)
- 1+ years’ experience within the transportation logistics industry
- Able to work effectively with team members/management
- Detail-oriented / self-starter / energetic with exceptional time-management & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of FTL, AIR, PORT, FLATBED, INTERMODAL, SPECIALIZED, etc., (or combination)
- Familiarity with North American Transportation industry, geography, transit systems
- Understanding of various software systems ie., Loadlink, BluJay, Truckmate, etc …
BASE SALARY RANGE: $45,000 – $65,000
OTHER: company provided technology + benefits + work from home
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MAESTRO – (12D22MTCHFBL)
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.