The word ‘hamburger’ originates from the town of Hamburg in Germany.
The long and short of it goes a little something like this:
Back in the 19th-century, after trading with their counterparts in the Baltic provinces of Russia, German sailors brought back the idea of raw, shredded beef, (known today, as beef tartare).
Eventually, a local, German chef decided he’d throw in a bit of a ‘twist’ … so he cooked that beef!
And – the ‘hamburger’ was born!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … nothing really.
That said, while the hamburger started in Hamburg, Germany, Janna French has a great opportunity in Vaudreuil, Quebec for an individual looking to start developing their career in the transportation industry!
POSITION: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
LOCATION: VAUDREUIL, QUEBEC
- Arrange carriers to each shipment and negotiate rates to maximize profitability
- Track and trace shipments with selected carriers
- Analyze markets / research for customer quoting / spot market opportunities
- Communicate service challenges with appropriate Account Managers + Team Leads
- Develop strong knowledge of current software tools
- Assist in development of new business growth / client development
- Analyze & research existing / new carrier costs
- 1 year of experience in transportation industry (3PL preferred)
- Motivated and ambitious self-starter with a willingness to learn
- Career-minded + goal oriented
- Bilingual (French/English)
BASE SALARY RANGE: $45,000 – $60,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + rrsp
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; BURGER – (8D22MTCHFBL)
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.