In 1705, in Lurgan, Ireland … a woman named Margorie McCall took ill and died.
Uncertain of what had led to her demise (and how contagious it might have been), she was immediately buried!
Word soon spread that, due to severe swelling, her husband had been unable to remove a ring from his wife’s hand.
The following evening, two dodgy grave-robbers (shovels in hand) … entered the gates of Shankill Cemetery. They located Margorie’s fresh grave – and got to work!
Digging away at a feverish pace, they eventually opened the casket … and nervously tried to pry the ring from Margorie’s finger. It soon became obvious, the only way to get that ring … was to cut Marjorie’s finger off!
As they drew first-blood, Margorie awoke from her coma, sat up … and let out a blood-curdling scream!
The terrified duo fled, and a bewildered Margorie climbed out of the grave … and headed for home.
When her husband, John heard a knock at the door, he turned to his children and said, “If your mother was still alive, I’d swear that was her knock.”
He opened the door and there stood his wife, dressed in her burial clothes – blood dripping from her hand.
John suffered a heart attack and dropped dead – on the spot.
Ironically, he was buried in the plot his wife Margorie had just vacated!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, if you’ve got what we’re looking for … you’re really gonna “dig” this opportunity!
Our client is a global organization in need of a senior sales professional with experience selling data into B2B organizations -or- selling complex solutions into the Canadian Insurance vertical.
Our client is the undisputed titan of their industry.
They sell data to assist their clients in predicting consumer behaviour.
The Director, BD will be the Subject Matter Expert on the company’s solutions – targeted specifically towards the insurance vertical market – across Canada.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: TORONTO (GTA)
CALLING ON: CANADIAN INSURANCE INDUSTRY
- A strategic, senior business development role tasked with delivering revenue at the enterprise-level
- Strategically sell data (and data-related solutions) into the Insurance vertical market – across Canada
- Target an established portfolio of accounts (90%) + brand new logo development (10%)
- Work with Sales VP, analytics consultants and solution owners to execute go-to-market plan
- Quarter-back enterprise-level client discussions, engagement and presentations to achieve sales quotas
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience with at least 5 years at the enterprise-level – calling on C-Suite
- Expertise working in and/or solution selling to the Insurance space – across Canada
- Organizational and collaboration skills to “get things done” in a dynamic environment
- Verifiable sales excellence achievement – demonstrating the ability to target and close large deals
BASE SALARY: $133,000 – $143,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $60,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $193,000 – $203,000
OTHER: benefits + mileage + pension + preferred rates for stocks + vacation
QUALIFIED & INTERESTED?
If you’re qualified (and interested) … this is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; DROP DEAD – 31C22MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … explain how your experience qualifies you for this role.