You’ve heard the saying … “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”.
This expression is often used for an unavoidable error where something good is eliminated while trying to get rid of something bad.
Have you ever wondered how the saying came to be?
Well, 500 years ago (give or take a few years), daily life was far different than what we’ve grown accustomed to, today.
For example, in the 1500’s, when it came to personal hygiene, many people bathed only once per year! To make matters worse, an entire family would bathe in the very same water!
The “order of operations” generally involved the adult male bathing first, followed by the adult female.
Any children they had would then get their ‘turn in the tub’ – from oldest to youngest.
As you can imagine, by the time the babies found their place in the queue, the bath water would be filthy!
So much so, in fact, that mothers had to be careful not to throw their baby out with the bathwater!
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, now that we’ve got your attention … we’d love to tell you about Match and Fable’s latest role!
Paul Litschko is looking for a Director of Operations (Ocean & Air) for one of our clients in the Transportation / Logistics space – in Toronto!
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (OCEAN & AIR)
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION / LOGISTICS
- Create a dynamic transportation team to plan and dispatch LTL, TL & container drayage in North America – with asset-based carriers
- Create a ‘well-oiled’ warehouse team to control container drayage, inbound and outbound
- Negotiate contract rate agreements with carriers
- Solve problems creatively + provide and implement solutions – ensuring adherence to SOPs
- Manage inbound and outbound scheduling, pickups and all requirements related to receipt/release of goods, reconciliation and claims
- University degree or equivalent (preferably in management, business, logistics or related)
- 5+ years’ experience in freight brokerage – in Canada
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and autonomously act on a large number of tasks simultaneously and with the utmost attention to detail
- Experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics – to present to senior management
- Experience assessing, improving and maintaining TMS and WMS systems by liaising with IT department
SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
OTHER: bonus / commission plan + benefits + vacation
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Paul Litschko at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; BABY – 31C22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Paul how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.