John Francis Bongiovi, Jr. was born in Perth Amboy, New Jersey – in March 1962.
At 17 years of age, John regularly skipped school, choosing instead to play music at local clubs.
To help make ends meet, he took a job sweeping floors at his cousin Tony Bongiovi’s famous recording studio – The Power Station in New York City.
5 years later, after frequent failed attempts to “make it” in the music industry, Bon Jovi released their first album. Over the next few years – they catapulted to international fame!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, the 10th track on Bon Jovi’s 1988 album ‘New Jersey’ was titled, “I’ll Be There for You” and it just so happens our client is looking for a Logistics Coordinator that will “be there” for their clients … and keep them loyal for years to come!
POSITION: GROUND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION / LOGISTICS
- Develop and grow positive relationships with transportation partners
- Ensure proper sourcing of partner carriers + meeting delivery requirements in a timely fashion
- Track & trace orders + monitor on-time delivery appointments & communicate with shippers & consignees
- Negotiate service and price with clear expectations
- Building a positive relationship with CSR and clients
- Serving customers and managing expectations in a courteous manner; by phone, email + in-person
- Provide rates to sales team
- Complete performance reports for all carriers + monthly meetings to implement continuous improvement
- General clerical duties as assigned, (answering + directing phone calls + filing + data entry + billing)
- 2+ years’ experience in Logistics / Transportation industry in Canada / USA
- Fluent in English (Writing / Reading)
- Strong knowledge of LTL, TL within Canada, and cross-border
- Knowledge of Ocean + Air FCL + LCL
- Geographical expertise including mileage + transit time + DOT governance
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to internal + external partners
- Excellent communication + customer service skills
- Efficient computer skills in Excel + Outlook + Gmail
- Attention to detail and accuracy with data collection + order entry
SALARY: $50,000 – $70,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Paul Litschko at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; I’LL BE THERE – 29C22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Paul how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.