Growing up the son of Croatian immigrants, my life was full of unique experiences.
And from what I could tell, these experiences weren’t typically afforded to the other kids in my neighbourhood.
By the age of 11, my parents expected my sisters and I to ‘handle affairs’ on their behalf.
These ‘affairs’ included writing letters, negotiating insurance policies, preparing income tax paperwork … and calling Sears to schedule a repairman.
One delightful advantage of growing up in our house was our exposure to words that weren’t exactly English (nor Croatian, for that matter).
For example, one of my father’s classics was – “un-believe-it”.
When the Maple Leafs would lose – he’d shout “un-believe-it”!
When they’d lose – he’d shout “un-believe-it”, too!
To this day, we aren’t quite sure if he means to say ‘unbelievable’, ‘do you believe this’ … or ‘I can’t believe it’.
Whatever the case – he uses it a lot (and so do we)!
In fact, you might want to try incorporating the word into your daily life – you’ll love it!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, not much really.
That said, when it comes to our latest mandate, my father would unquestionably say it’s … ‘un-believe-it’!
Listen, it’s not often I consider quitting my career as a Headhunter and begging my client to hire me. But, this is absolutely one of those times!
POSITION: ENTERPRISE SALES EXECUTIVE
TERRITORY: WESTERN CANADA
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE SALES (SaaS)
LOCATION: CALGARY OR VANCOUVER
Our client is the fastest growing software company in their industry – bar none!
Over the past few years, they’ve been leaving competitors in their dust.
Their client base is a compendium of leading global logos, and that list is growing – fast!
Set on even greater, explosive growth … they need some help to get there!
Based remotely from a home office in Calgary or Vancouver, the ESE will promote a SaaS solution offering in a business development capacity – across Western Canada.
- Drive new revenue via new client acquisition – typically at F500 level
- Attend tradeshows and networking events – be a ‘rain maker’
- Conduct on-line presentations and product demonstrations (they’ll teach you this part!)
- Travel to client locations to conduct in-person needs assessments and assist with initial launch phase
- 5+ years of senior SaaS-type, solution sales experience
- MUST BE: Enterprise level sales hunting experience + a history of crushing sales quotas
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience selling safety-related products / services -or- working with contractors
- Driven – not the type of person who waits for the Marketing Department to send them qualified leads
- Ability to travel across Western Canada (approximately 25%)
BASE SALARY: $150,000 – $160,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: 2x base salary (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $300,000 – $320,000 (again – uncapped & totally legit!)
OTHER: home office + benefits + rrsp + t2200
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we need;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure the subject line of your email reads; UN-BELIEVE-IT– 27C22MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.