A little past midnight on March 18, 1990, two ‘policemen’ pounded on the doors of the Gardner Museum, in Boston. They demanded entry, claiming they were following up on a noise complaint.
The two on-duty security guards buzzed them into the building, and both were immediately ‘arrested’. They were ushered to the basement of the museum where the ‘policemen’ proceeded to duct-tape them and explain their true intentions – to commit what would become the largest private property theft in the history of the world!
The thieves proceeded to remove 13 paintings (including priceless works from Rembrandt van Rijn & Johannes Vermeer) from the museum’s walls.
On their way out, they even stopped to grab a Chinese bronze vessel, from the Shang dynasty!
The actual police didn’t arrive until 8:15am, the next morning!
So, in just over an hour, $500 million worth of art was stolen – and some 32 years later, every piece remains missing.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, the Gardner Museum Heist was a very successful operation and speaking of ‘operations’ … Paul Litschko of Match and Fable happens to be looking for a Director of Operations for one of our clients in the Transportation / Logistics space!
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
INDUSTRY: TRANSPORTATION / LOGISTICS
- Create a dynamic transportation team to plan and dispatch LTL, TL & container drayage in North America – with asset-based carriers
- Create a ‘well-oiled’ warehouse team to control container drayage, inbound and outbound
- Negotiate contract rate agreements with carriers
- Solve problems creatively + provide and implement solutions – ensuring adherence to SOPs
- Manage inbound and outbound scheduling, pickups and all requirements related to receipt/release of goods, reconciliation and claims
- University degree or equivalent (preferably in management, business, logistics or related)
- 5+ years’ experience in freight brokerage – in Canada
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and autonomously act on a large number of tasks simultaneously and with the utmost attention to detail
- Experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics – to present to senior management
- Experience assessing, improving and maintaining TMS and WMS systems by liaising with IT department
SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
OTHER: bonus / commission plan + benefits + vacation
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Paul Litschko at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; HEIST OF ALL HEISTS – 23C22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Paul how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.