In 1870, German chemist, Erich von Wolf was busy studying the iron content of various green vegetables.
As he went about his business, he jotted his findings in a notebook.
Eventually landing on spinach, instead of writing 3.5mg / 100-gram serving … von Wolf misplaced the decimal, erroneously recording 35mg – (10x the actual amount!)
For the record, 100 grams of liver delivers 23mg of iron.
You may be thinking – so what?
Well, here’s the “so what”.
von Wolf’s findings were published and distributed around the world.
For decades, doctors and dieticians sang the praises of spinach as an unequalled source of iron – while in fact it’s 5x less than an equal amount of dark chocolate!
And, even though the error was discovered and reported in 1937, it proved impossible to stop the spread of misinformation. So much so in fact, that in 1981, the British Medical Journal published an article addressing the issue – 110 years after it had originally been released!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, Jeanne Agius is looking for a Marketing Copywriter who trembles at the idea of committing a typo!
The role is 100% remote so, you can work from your bedroom, your kitchen or beachside in Mexico!
Our client is an absolute powerhouse in the world of cryptocurrency. Their business grew by more than 60% last year and they’re well on their way to being a billion-dollar organization – in the next 5 years!
POSITION: MARKETING COPYWRITER
REPORTS TO: CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
LOCATION: CANADA OR USA
- Conceptualize and craft advertising headlines, marketing messages, brand tone of voice, social and digital campaigns, emails, website content, landing pages, video scripts – and more
- Help define and trigger the company’s tone and voice, ensuring a uniform experience – across all touchpoints
- Optimize marketing efforts with segmentation and personalized digital tactics to nurture and engage leads, via digital ads
- Create e-mail marketing campaigns, to increase client engagement and nurture long lasting relationships
- Collaborate with Designers + PR, on large + small-scale marketing projects (ie. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Create + monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns
- Track + analyze campaign results
- Work independently, navigating ambiguity, and asking for help, when needed
- You have a portfolio (yeah, we’re gonna wanna see that)
- Experience creating + planning + managing multiple copywriting campaigns at one time
- Experience with email + ad + landing page + UX copy + User-Interface copy
- REALLY NICE TO HAVE: Knowledge of crypto -or- Fintech -or- blockchain
- Absolute pristine level of grammar to take complex ideas and render them as simply as necessary
- A creative + analytical + strategic thinker, with detailed execution … in written form
- Experience with Twitter + LinkedIn and pretty much all social media platforms, really
- Comfortable challenging the ‘status quo’ to find opportunities to do things, better
- Typos – what in the world are typos?
SALARY: $70,000 – $90,000
OTHER: 100% remote + benefits + 3 weeks’ vacation + a wicked opportunity to join a tremendously successful company – growing at a feverish pace!
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Jeanne Agius at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; TYPO – 19C22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email (with NO TYPOS) … tell Jeanne how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.