In 1855, John McDougall (a Métis settler) was swimming his pair of horses across the Okanagan Lake.
As he had done several times in the past, John tied his horses behind his canoe.
The water was calm and there was no reason to suspect danger – and then it happened!
The horses began thrashing as they were pulled down into the water.
To prevent his canoe from being dragged down as well, John grabbed his knife and cut the ropes.
The horses never re-surfaced.
17 years later Susan Allison swore she saw a dinosaur in the lake – and the legend of Ogopogo was born!
There are various theories regarding Ogopogo. The indigenous Okanagan people claim it’s a spirit that takes on the form of an aquatic serpent while others believe it a sturgeon or an extinct species such as a plesiosaur.
Many argue the legend is nonsense – but try telling that to John McDougall’s horses!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, Match and Fable’s Janna French is looking for a Territory Manager, based in the Okanagan region.
This is a solid opportunity for a sales professional to represent a strong brand – from the Kootenays to Penticton – and all points, in between!
POSITION: TERRITORY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
- Grow business with existing customers while securing new business with brand new clientele
- Identify new clients via sales calls + location visits + various networking techniques
- Maintain existing and forge new relationships via sales presentations & strategic plans
- Attend local + regional trade events – to enhance market visibility
- Gather industry + business intelligence to share with sales team
- Train clients on effective strategies to grow their business
- 75% travel (including some overnight stays)
- ~3+ years of territory sales experience (hunting and farming)
- Ability to think + act strategically
- Ability to identify + address challenges and respond with creative solutions
- Work collaboratively with all teams and departments
- Effective communication + situationally adaptable
BASE SALARY: $60,000 – $75,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $10,000 – $20,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $70,000 – $95,000
OTHER: company vehicle + insurance + gas card + benefits + rrsp + vacation + fitness program
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you.
- Send your resume to Janna French at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of your email reads; OGOPOGO – 16C22-MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Janna how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.