James Scott was born in 1969 – and by his early 20’s, had served time in six prisons.
At 13 years of age, he was convicted of burning down his elementary school.
6 years later he was convicted of arson – yet again!
In 1993, Scott was paroled from prison and married a woman by the name of, Suzie.
In July of that same year, the Mississippi River was flooding, so a levee was built to protect the town.
Scott’s wife happened to work at a truck stop in Taylor, Missouri – a town located on the other side of the river.
Itching for a night out without the company of his relatively new bride, Scott concocted a plan to strand his wife while providing him the opportunity to party.
On July 16, James Scott visited a section of the levee and removed a number of sandbags.
Shortly after, the surge of water wiped out all the bridges within 200 miles – and caused millions of dollars in damage.
Long story short, Scott was eventually charged and convicted of “intentionally causing a catastrophe”. He was sentenced to 10 years (in addition to another 10 years for an unrelated burglary charge).
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, Match and Fable’s Janna French is expecting a flood of interest on her latest mandate – a Dedicated Dispatch Coordinator in the 3PL / Logistics space.
The position offers the opportunity to work 2 days from the office and 3 days from home!
Our Brampton-based client provides highly customized logistics solutions and they’re looking for a Dedicated Dispatch Coordinator to play a key role in their continued success.
POSITION: DEDICATED DISPATCH COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
INDUSTRY: 3PL / LOGISTICS
- Receive orders from clients, create Load Plan to consolidate and “shop” movement of goods among partner carrier network
- Book appointments on pick-ups and / or delivery side
- Manage communications between all parties involved at each stage of movement of goods
- Source new carriers, as required
- Track / trace all shipments
- Negotiate rates with carriers – to maximize profit margins
- Maintain strong interpersonal relations with all carriers / clients
- Problem-solve issues related to shipment process / invoicing / OS&D
- 1.5 years’ dispatch experience with FTL and / or LTL in a 3PL / non-asset environment
- Understanding of North American transportation model including highway / temperature-controlled operations / intermodal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certification – an asset
- Knowledge of transportation management software (Load Link, PC Miler, BluJay, Solutions / Lean, FourKites – an asset)
BASE SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $65,000
OTHER: company provided technology + benefits + rrsp + EAP + 40% in office / 60% work from home
1: Email your resume to Janna French at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; WIPE OUT – (10C22MTCHFBL)
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.