Margaret Hilda Roberts grew up in a small apartment above her family’s grocery store in Grantham, England. A gifted student, she eventually earned a degree in Chemistry from Oxford University.
Margaret briefly dipped her toe into the world of politics … but chose to study law – graduating in 1953.
Margaret (now Thatcher) eventually returned to politics, becoming Secretary of State for Education & Science.
9 years later, she became Britain’s first female Prime Minister – a position she held until 1990.
A stalwart conservative, Thatcher tackled delicate issues including Britain’s recession, massive privatization and the Falklands War of 1982. Remarkably, she survived an assassination attempt by the IRA in 1984!
Along with her ally, US President, Ronald Reagan … “The Iron Lady” played a prominent role in the weakening of Soviet Communism and the subsequent collapse of the soviet structure. It’s been said … Thatcher was more popular with the Russian people than she was in her very own country!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well, nothing really.
That said, in the spirit of The Iron Lady herself … our client is looking for an ESG dynamo who knows a lot about a lot and can contribute to our client’s organization in a substantial way!
If you happen to be an ESG Specialist in the GTA, Paul Litschko wants to speak with you!
POSITION: ESG SPECIALIST (Environmental, Social & Governance)
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR
LOCATION: TORONTO, ONTARIO
- Assist in the development and implementation of company’s ESG strategy and policy
- Work across business lines to identify + develop + implement opportunities to engage stakeholders in sustainability efforts
- Own the identification of emerging sustainability trends by considering industry best practices, investor expectations and stakeholder requirements
- Build + maintain repository for sustainability content, research, policies, ESG metrics and action plans
- Develop & alignment of ESG critical metrics to be tracked and measured
- Create + publish sustainability reports to highlight company’s progress and performance against approved sustainability goals and commitments
- Completion of post-secondary degree in business admin, sustainability, environmental sciences or other relevant programs
- 2+ years’ experience in sustainability, environmental reporting or equivalent experience
- Experience in ESG reporting and understanding of various standards of ESG disclosure (GRI, IIRC, SASB, etc) is considered an asset
- Experience assessing climate change related risks and opportunities
- Ability to work with business partners, inspire trust and achieve results as a team
- Extremely organized and great attention to detail – to ensure accuracy
- PMP background (not required, but sure is nice to have)
- Ability to identify issues and provide solutions via investigation
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
MBO (20% OF BASE): $16,000 – $18,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $96,000 – $108,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation + hybrid home / office set-up
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Paul Litschko at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads IRON LADY – 8C22MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Paul how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.