On September 22, 2008, Terry Kniess was asked to “Come on Down” and be the next contestant on – The Price Is Right.
The first item was a Big Green Egg Grill.
Terry bid $1,175. The actual retail price – $1,175!
But, Kneiss wasn’t your typical contestant.
He was a student of the game.
For 16 weeks prior, Terry recorded episodes of the show and kept track of every, single item being offered up for bid.
Terry memorized a ton of them.
Next, Terry spun the Big Wheel, and fortunately landed on 90 cents – easily qualifying him for the Showcase Showdown!
That’s when a man in the crowd, named Ted Slauson, stepped in.
A Super Fan of the show, Slauson had studied The Price Is Right, for more than a decade!
The items in Terry’s Showcase package were a pool table, a karaoke machine and a 17-foot camper.
Ted whispered to Terry’s wife, who relayed the information to her husband, on stage.
Terry bid $23,743. The actual retail price – $23,743!
And, get this – because his ‘guess’ was within $250 of the retail price, Terry ended up winning both Showcases!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here … if you happen to be an ESG Manager in the GTA (or open to relocating) … Paul Litschko wants to speak with you!
POSITION: ESG MANAGER (Environmental, Social & Governance)
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR
LOCATION: TORONTO, ONTARIO
- Lead development and implementation of company’s ESG strategy and policy
- Work across business lines, ensuring ESG policy, initiative adoption and implementation
- Work with business leaders to identify + develop + implement opportunities to engage stakeholders in sustainability efforts
- Own the identification of emerging sustainability trends by considering industry best practices, investor expectations and stakeholder requirements
- Build + maintain repository for sustainability content, research, policies, ESG metrics and action plans
- Lead development & alignment of ESG critical metrics to be tracked and measured
- Create + publish sustainability reports to highlight company’s progress and performance against approved sustainability goals and commitments
- Manage company’s ESG communications (including website)
- 3+ years’ experience in sustainability (or similar) in the energy / utility sector (or a publicly listed company)
- Relevant education – business administration, sustainability, environmental sciences, or other
- Experience in ESG reporting and understanding of various standards of ESG disclosure (GRI, IIRC, SASB, etc)
- Experience assessing climate change related risks and opportunities
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Extremely organized and great attention to detail – to ensure accuracy
- PMP background (nice to have)
- Ability to identify issues and provide solutions via investigation
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $130,000MBO (20% OF BASE): $24,000 – $26,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $144,000 – $156,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation + hybrid home / office set-up
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Paul Litschko at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads COME ON DOWN – 7C22MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Paul how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.