These days, in the world of Hip Hop, deliberately dropping one’s microphone is a regular occurrence. But it wasn’t always that way.
In fact, only the truest of hip-hop fans could identify the pioneer of this ‘move’.
It was the one and only Rakim, in his 1987 track titled – “I Ain’t No Joke”.
“I used to let the mic smoke … now I slam it when I’m done … and make sure it’s broke”.
Since its origin, 30+ years ago, many artists outside the Hip Hop world have emulated the move, as well. My personal favourite – “Coming to America’s” Randy Watson and his band, Sexual Chocolate!
The ‘mic drop’ has come to symbolize the ultimate expression of confidence & supremacy!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s role?
That said, if Match and Fable’s latest role was a microphone – I’d be slammin’ it down – with authority! In fact, once I’m finished writing this post … I’m seriously considering dropping my laptop in the middle of the office – as a tribute to this brilliant opportunity!
It’s not often I consider quitting my career as a Headhunter and begging my client to hire me. This is absolutely one of those times!
I guess I should have paid more attention as a kid, in French class!
POSITION: BILINGUAL ENTERPRISE SALES EXECUTIVE
TERRITORY: EASTERN CANADA
INDUSTRY: SOFTWARE SALES (SaaS)
Our client is the fastest growing software company in their industry – bar none!
Over the past few years, they’ve been leaving their competitors in the proverbial dust.
Their client base is a laundry list of prominent global logos, and that list is growing – fast!
Set on even greater, explosive growth … they need some help to get there!
Based remotely from a home office the Greater Montreal area, the ESE will promote a SaaS solution offering in a business development capacity – across Eastern Canada.
Please note … the candidate must be perfectly bilingual!
- Drive new revenue via new client acquisition – typically at F500 level (clients under $500MM in revenue)
- Attend tradeshows and networking events – be a ‘rain maker’
- Conduct on-line presentations and product demonstrations (they’ll teach you this part!)
- Travel to client locations to conduct in-person needs assessments and assist with initial launch phase
- 5 – 7 years of solution sales experience
- 4+ years of enterprise level sales hunting experience … ‘dropping the mic’ on quotas
- NICE TO HAVE: Experience selling safety-related products / services -or- working with contractors
- NICE TO HAVE: Saas specific experience … but open to a very strong B2B sales professional
- Driven – not the type of person who waits for the Marketing Department to send them qualified leads
- Ability to travel across Eastern Canada approximately 25%
BASE SALARY: $114,500 – $140,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: 2X base salary (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $229,000 – $280,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + rrsp + t2200
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we need;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure the subject line of your email reads; DROP THE MIC – 10B22MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.