Herb Brooks was born in Saint Paul, Minnesota and enjoyed a relatively successful career as a hockey player. But his name would be etched into history once he hung up his skates and took his position behind the bench.
On February 22, 1980 … in Lake Placid, the hockey team Brooks fashioned from a hodgepodge of American college and other amateur players took to the ice in a semi-final game -vs- the Soviet Union’s All-Star line-up.
His group of underdogs proceeded to pull off one of the most memorable upsets in the annals of ice hockey history, when they defeated the USSR by a score of 4-3 in what is referred to as “The Miracle on Ice”.
When Jim McKay, the host of ABC’s Wide World of Sports was asked to describe what viewers had just witnessed; he said … “That may be the greatest upset in sports history”.
To put the achievement in perspective, he said it was the equivalent of an all-star football team of Canadian college boys beating the Pittsburgh Steelers, (who had just won their fourth Super Bowl in six years).
What’s this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Brooks’ leadership inspired these young men to accomplish what seemed impossible … and it is that type of “leadership capacity” my client is looking for in their next Director, Operations – in the static guarding industry.
Our client is a leader in the Protective Security (Static Guarding) industry.
The VP, Operations has the strategy – what he needs, is a strong Director, Operations who can execute!
In this role, you will lead a group of 5 Operations Managers who each manage a large group of guards.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS
INDUSTRY: STATIC GUARDING
- Director, Operations will manage labour schedules + expenses + operational performance of the division.
- Lead a team of 5 Operations Managers who in turn are responsible for managing a large contingent of static guarding security professionals. (~4,000 hours / each)
- Managers are tasked with ensuring Guards are performing their duties to the letter of the SLAs
- Managers make certain Guards are trained, on-boarded and understand the nuances of different clients
- Director, Operations serves as an escalation point for the company’s clientele
- Director, Operations collaborates with cross-functional teams (Finance / Sales / HR)
- Director, Operations personally manages a handful of key accounts
- HIGHLY PREFER: 3+ years’ people management experience in the static guarding industry
- MAY CONSIDER: an out of industry Operations Manager with relatable experience
- Ability to be flexible in terms of the demands of this type of business
SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
CAR ALLOWANCE: $5,000 / year
ALL-IN: $85,000 – $95,000
OTHER: 3 weeks’ vacation + immediate benefits
* qualifies for company’s commission plan incentive (for securing new business)
WHAT NOW? If you’re qualified and interested … this is what happens next;
1: Email your resume to Mark at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure subject line reads; GREATEST UPSET EVER – (9B22-MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the description … tell Mark why you’re a legitimate contender for this role.