Historically, and in a naval sense, the term ‘hands’ referred to the sailors on a vessel.
In the event of bad weather … the ship’s captain would determine its severity and how much assistance he felt would be required to navigate through the storm.
When he shouted “all hands, on deck” … it was a signal the situation required all the help, every crewmember could muster … to do whatever was required.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, our client (based in Anjou, Quebec) is looking for an HSE Coordinator with an ‘all hands, on deck’ type of attitude … to help take their business to the next level!
POSITION: BILINGUAL HSE COORDINATOR
TERRITORY: MONTREAL, QUEBEC
The Bilingual HSE Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day relationships between clients and drivers, while delivering communicative expectations of the company’s safety policies and procedures.
They are the ‘go-to’ for all training, safety, new hire orientation and emergency support for drivers.
- Subject Matter Expert on ‘all things safety’ for company’s drivers – as well as those on client yards
- Communicate and train regional tanker drivers in inspection and safety procedures
- Conduct Driver Training, New Hire Orientation and ‘pop-in’ inspections at various locations in the Montreal to Quebec City region
- Support drivers and be ‘emergency-ready’ (via telephone or in person), to report on emergency incidents and investigations
- Be an empathetic ‘sounding board’ with strong interpersonal relationship skills for all drivers
- Visit client locations and nurture relationships with counterparts and drivers at client yards
- Keep up to date on new initiatives and industry safety requirements for local teams
- Report information to General Manager via technical platforms on all related content between drivers, clients, dispatchers, etc.
- TRULY BILINGUAL – fluent in English and French – both written and orally
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- A Class 1 Driver’s License
- Experience in Transportation and Trucking industry
- Open-minded, adaptive and receptive to change and collaborative suggestions
- NICE-TO-HAVE: Experience with tankers/chemical transport
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: Up to $3,500 annual bonus potential
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $78,500 – $88,500
OTHER: company vehicle + gas card + full benefits, RRSPs, + 3 weeks’ paid vacation + opportunity to trade overtime hours for more vacation!
INTERESTED? There are 3 things Match and Fable needs from you;
- Please send your resume to Sabrina Galli at email@example.com.
- Ensure the Subject Line of your email reads; ALL HANDS ON DECK – MTCHFBL2B22
- In a short email … please tell Sabrina how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.