Chris Wallace, the only child of Jamaican immigrant parents, was born and raised in Brooklyn. By the age of 15, he was pushing drugs on the streets of New York City.
A mere seven years later, the 6’ 3”, 300+ pound rapper (also known as; Biggie Smalls, Notorious B.I.G. & Big Poppa), released his debut studio album – Ready to Die … cementing his place among Hip Hop legends!
What you may not know is … this was the one and only album Biggie would release, during his lifetime.
We won’t go into the misfortunes that weaved their way through his relatively short life … but will point out he was one of the main players in Hip Hop’s East Coast -vs- West Coast rivalry. A feud that eventually led to his murder in March 1997.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Our client is a Toronto-based, leading Canadian distributor of packaging equipment, materials and service.
They conduct a lot of business in the Food and Industrial space and their packaging solutions include, Shrink Wrap Systems, Pallet Wrappers, Case Sealers, Form, Fill & Seal – and more.
They’re looking for a ‘Big Poppa’ of a slightly different ilk … to be their General Manager and lead their business through 2022 – and beyond!
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
INDUSTRY: INDUSTRIAL PACKAGING EQUIPMENT + CONSUMABLES
- Directly responsible to manage and grow the company’s Sales and Service divisions
- Develop new equipment products / offerings + maintain proper equipment inventory
- Strengthen relationships with existing equipment vendors + build new relationships
- Gain in-depth understanding of company’s consumable product offerings and go-to-market strategy
- Collaborate with team to develop key client relationships and strategies for increasing equipment sales
- Increase bandwidth on equipment and consumables opportunities – across North America
- Implement daily metrics, dashboards and KPI’s to measure organizational performance
- Meet with Executive Team to review KPIs + short / long-term labour needs, based on sales and forecasts
- Work with marketing to create marketing material to grow the equipment and consumables business
- Develop and enforce SOPs for all aspects of the equipment business
- Oversee staff ensuring supervisory and technical staff have qualifications and tools to deliver results
- Engineering background (EXTREMELY PREFERRED)
- A robust understanding of packaging machinery
- 12+ years’ sales experience in industrial packaging industry – with a focus on Packaging Equipment
- 6+ years in a people leadership capacity
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite + experience with ERPs (an asset)
- Sound project management + analytical + problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of business financials and ROI analysis
BASE SALARY: $180,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $270,000
OTHER: Car allowance ($800) + cell phone allowance + benefits + 4 weeks’ vacation
QUALIFIED & INTERESTED?
If you’re qualified (and interested) … this is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Mark at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; BIG POPPA – 21A22MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … explain how your experience qualifies you for this role.