On a lazy Saturday, at the age of 12 … I stumbled across the movie, “Fists of Fury” – starring Bruce Lee. In 2 short hours … my entire life’s purpose had changed!
Watching Bruce annihilate 20 guys with a single pair of “nunchuks” … I just knew I couldn’t go on living without owning a pair, myself! I asked my parents to buy me a set … but that was a hard and fast – no!
The next weekend, my parents went out for the evening … so I seized my opportunity!
I sawed the handle off an old broom and cut it into two, 12-inch pieces.
I used 2 small nails to carefully attach both sticks to a gold chain (from an old purse, my mom had given to my sister).
They weren’t ‘perfect’ … but they looked like they’d ‘do the trick’.
Since it was a bit ‘fresh’ outside, I decided I’d head indoors and practice my moves in our living room – that way, I could also keep an eye out for my parents!
I started slowly, and pretty soon, I got to thinking I might be a real prodigy!
As I tried a new move, I whipped one over my shoulder … and heard a ‘ping’.
A millisecond later … I heard the sound of glass shattering.
And there it was … a single ‘nunchuk’ … resting in my mom’s fine china cabinet.
I’ll let you fill in the blanks as to what happened when Mama Krpan came home that night.
Needless to say, my aspirations of being a dangerous assassin were over!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really!
That said, in a word … Match and Fable’s latest role is kinda “deadly”!
Our client is a highly regarded, global organization in need of a senior sales professional with experience selling data into B2B organizations -or- selling complex solutions into the Canadian Insurance vertical.
Our client is the absolute titan of their industry.
They sell data to assist their clients in predicting consumer behaviour.
The Director, BD will become the Subject Matter Expert on the company’s solutions – targeted specifically towards the insurance vertical market – across Canada.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (CONTRIBUTOR)
LOCATION: TORONTO (GTA)
CALLING ON: CANADIAN INSURANCE INDUSTRY
- A strategic, senior business development role tasked with delivering revenue at the enterprise-level
- Strategically sell data (and data-related solutions) into the Insurance vertical market – across Canada
- Target an established portfolio of accounts (90%) + brand new logo development (10%)
- Work with Sales VP, analytics consultants and solution owners to execute go-to-market plan
- Quarter-back enterprise-level client discussions, engagement and presentations to achieve sales quotas
- 10+ years of B2B sales experience with at least 5 years at the enterprise-level – calling on C-Suite
- Expertise working in and/or solution selling to the Insurance space – across Canada
- Organizational and collaboration skills to “get things done” in a dynamic environment
- Verifiable sales excellence achievement – demonstrating the ability to target and close large deals
BASE SALARY: $133,000 – $143,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $60,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $193,000 – $203,000
OTHER: benefits + mileage + pension + preferred stock rates + vacation
QUALIFIED & INTERESTED?
If you’re qualified (and interested) … this is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Mark at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; KUNG-FU FIGHTING – 20A22MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … explain how your experience qualifies you for this role.