Gino Bartali was born in Ponte a Ema, Florence, Italy in July 1914.
A champion cyclist, he won the Giro d’Italia – in 1936, 1937 & 1946 as well as the celebrated Tour de France in 1938 & 1948!
In 1943, Italy surrendered to the Allied Forces, and the German army began occupying parts of the country – rounding up Jews and sending them to concentration camps.
Soon after, Bartali, (a devout Catholic) was approached by the Cardinal of Florence.
The Cardinal personally asked Bartali to join a secret group offering protection and safe passage to Jews and other endangered people.
Gino’s role in this network was that of a bike courier.
And, to the casual observer … he looked as though he was simply going for long training rides, when, he was in fact transporting photographs and fake identity documents to and from secret printing presses – hidden in the tube frame of his bicycle!
So, while Bartali’s achievements in his sport were clearly spectacular … his contribution to mankind proved to be that much more significant!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, now that we have your attention, we’d like to tell you about Match and Fable’s latest role.
Our client is looking for a Distribution Center Manager for one of their warehouses in the Brampton area.
POSITION: DISTRIBUTION CENTER MANAGER
INDUSTRY: SUPPLY CHAIN + LOGISTICS + WAREHOUSING
Our client – a trusted brand in the Warehousing and Distribution space, is looking for a Distribution Center Manager to oversee the day-to-day activities of one of the company’s busiest DCs.
- Lead a team to deliver results by planning, monitoring and appraising results
- Maintain a high-functioning facility by ensuring a clean and organized DC
- Coach and discipline employees; develop and ensure compliance to policies and productivity standards
- Manage and direct work schedules and assignments
- Set goals and benchmarks – in line with corporate goals for efficiency and productivity
- Maximize staffing cost efficiencies … while controlling temporary labour expenses
- Manage the Distribution Centre’s P&L – both budget and staffing requirements
- Prepare reports on DC’s activities including overtime, attendance, productivity and KPI’s
- Review operating goals and standards, and monitor performance + ensure compliance to health and safety policies
- Ensure compliance to client and regulatory programs, procedures and requirements
- Make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve distribution operations
- Approximately 5 years’ experience in Warehousing / Distribution / Transportation / Logistics
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role (personally leading a team)
- Experience in managing Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of warehousing methodologies + RF Scanners + inventory management practices
- Valid current MHE Operating Certificate for powered mobile lift equipment – an asset.
- Knowledge of regulatory regulations – an asset (such as; GMP, AIB)
SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation
QUALIFIED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line of your email reads; GINO – 1A22-MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … explain how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.