Milking something for all it’s worth … is a term used to describe the process of getting as much as possible from a resource.
And, if you’re looking for an example of someone who absolutely mastered the art of ‘milkin’ it’ – look no further than, Sergey Bubka!
Sergey was born in Luhansk, Ukraine on December 4, 1963, and would grow up to become the most famous (and successful) pole vaulter, the world has ever seen!
In fact, he was so dominant in his sport that eventually, sponsors stopped extending ‘win bonuses’.
This presented a big problem … as track and field athletes rely on these bonuses as a source of income.
Eventually, Nike decided to sponsor Bubka – agreeing to pay him, to effectively, beat himself! Every time he broke the World Record … Nike would reportedly pay him tens of thousands of dollars.
So, this clever athlete found a way to maximize his earnings within the terms of the agreement.
Between 1991 and 1994 alone … Sergey bested himself 9 times.
7 of those times, he beat his previous World Record by a mere, 1 centimeter!
Over his career, Bubka set the World Record a total of 35 times – earning himself at least $600,000 in bonuses.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while we have your attention … we’d love to tell you about one of our latest mandates.
Our client is looking for a Sales Executive in Mississauga to develop existing relationships and grow a sales territory.
Based from a home office (with a company vehicle and gas card) … the Sales Executive will develop the Mississauga / Brampton territory using a structured sales process.
The right candidate is experienced at developing & strengthening client relationships.
This individual must have the ability to analyze client needs and present convincing, value-based solutions.
The Sales Executive will manage a list of approximately 100 OEM Auto Dealership accounts. These accounts range from OEM dealers who conduct minimal business with our client … to others who are virtually exclusive!
Given the account mix, the Sales Executive will need to nurture existing business, as well as strategically hunting for additional opportunities to secure new revenue.
The Sales Executive will generate sales in two, ways.
- Growing “share of wallet” opportunities within an existing client base.
- Targeting strategic accounts to win them over and secure their business.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
REPORTING: SALES DIRECTOR
TERRITORY: MISSISSAUGA + BRAMPTON
• Build genuine relationships and loyalty with every client in your territory via regular sales calls
• Call on Parts Advisors, Parts Managers, Service Advisors etc … at Auto Dealerships
• Manage and grow business with ~100 accounts via regular sales calls (~15 – 20 per week)
• 70% of the role involves dealing with current clientele, to increase share of wallet spend
• 30% of the role involves targeting strategic accounts, to win business from the competition
• Develop transactional customers into loyal clients + lift loyal relationships to trusted advisor status
• Know your territory intimately + develop multiple relationships (deep, high and wide) with every client
• Implement and action a business plan using CRM + other company tools
• 3+ years sales experience, as a sales professional in a field sales role
• Clear understanding of a repeatable sales process
• Proficiency dealing with client contacts at various levels and navigating past gatekeepers
• An internally driven, consultative & collaborative professional who is a strong presenter + great listener
• Strong capacity to identify client needs and apply fitting products or services
BASE SALARY: $72,500 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $10,000 – $12,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $82,500 – $92,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: benefits + company vehicle + gas card + work from home
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MILK IT – 11K21MTCHFBL
3: Based on the job description … tell Mark specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.