In the late 1700’s, in Roscommon, Ireland … a woman named Betty and her son lived in terrible poverty. Although uncommon for someone raised in such conditions, Betty was literate … and taught her son to read and write.
She regularly reminded her son that only money could bring happiness … and when he was old enough, he left Roscommon to find fortune – in America!
One dark and rainy evening, many years later, a well-dressed gentleman knocked on Betty’s door asking for a place to stay. She welcomed him in, but that night, as he lay sleeping … Betty (with knife in hand) crept into his room – and murdered him for his money!
As Betty rifled through the stranger’s belongings, she discovered this ‘stranger’ was in fact … her very own son!
Overcome by the horror of what she had done, Betty ran screaming into the streets … confessing her guilt.
She was arrested, stood trial … and was condemned to death – by hanging!
On Execution Day … as Betty and several other criminals filed into the yard, they learned the executioner had “called in sick” … and the sheriff was refusing to personally perform the executions.
Seizing the opportunity, Betty asked for her life be spared and in return, she’d hang the others – herself!
The sheriff agreed … and Betty got busy!
“Lady Betty” was so efficient … she was appointed Roscommon’s official Hang Woman – a job with a yearly salary (+ room and board)!
What’s this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, our client is also looking for an “Executioner” – of sorts!
They are an iconic, North American organization in need of a senior sales professional with experience (and high-level relationships) within the Canadian Retail / Big Box space.
The Director SS&CM will serve as the Subject Matter Expert on the company’s new wave of solutions – assisting with conversions and supporting the strategy from a senior sales perspective.
The successful candidate will own the facilitation of client engagement, senior-level discussions and new channel opportunities.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SOLUTION SALES + CM
LOCATION: TORONTO OR MONTREAL
CALLING ON: RETAIL + BIG BOX
OFFICE: WORK FROM HOME / HYBRID MODEL
- This is a strategic, business development role tasked with delivering revenue from new (and existing) logos
- Strategically sell digital / technology solutions into Retail + Big Box + other sectors
- Promote partnerships with Reseller Channels … as well as new Crypto Currency solutions
- Will own the program (budget), drive the pipeline, the scorecard … and the execution
- Work closely with Commercial Sales team to grow / penetrate Mid-Market + National clientele
- Orchestrate enterprise-level client discussions, engagement and presentations
- Minimum 5 years’ senior level experience in customer experience, strategy, planning or enterprise sales
- Demonstrated product management and “channels” experience
- Organizational and collaboration skills to “get things done” in a dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented with a customer-focused mindset – to respond quickly to customer needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Verifiable sales excellence achievement – demonstrating the ability to target and close large deals
BASE SALARY: $130,000 – $140,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $130,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $260,000 – $270,000
OTHER: car allowance + benefits (day 1) + pension + work from home flex
QUALIFIED & INTERESTED?
If you’re interested (and qualified) … this is what happens next;
1. Email your resume to Mark at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line reads; EXECUTIONER – 5K21MTCHFBL
3. Based on the description … please explain how your experience and achievements qualify you for this role.