Frank Hayes was born in Ireland, and made his way to America where he became a horse trainer and stableman, in New York.
On June 3, 1923, Frank was asked to be a stand-in jockey for a race at Belmont Park – scheduled the next day.
He would be riding a horse named Sweet Kiss … and, he would need to drop 12 pounds, in 24 hours!
Having never won a race before … there was little expectation, especially since his horse was a 20-1 outsider.
To drop the weight … Frank spent several hours jogging and exercising – refusing to drink any water.
The following day, an extremely weak and tired Frank mounted his horse.
To everyone’s surprise Sweet Kiss (and Frank) crossed the finish line in first place that day – winning by a head.
And to everyone’s horror – they soon learned Frank had suffered a heart attack mid-race, yet somehow, his lifeless body did not fall off the horse!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
However, while we have your attention, we’d like to tell you about Sabrina Galli’s newest mandate. Our transportation industry client is looking for a skilled sales hunter to light-up their territory in Western Canada!
Our client is expanding their team in Western Canada and believes; the best hunters arent very good farmers!
That’s why, in this role … you’ll be solely responsible for selling transportation services.
You won’t field calls from existing clients -or- be asked to put out any fires!
There’s a Customer Success Team in place that focuses on delivering the service you’ll sell.
Our client is looking for a strategic sales hunter who instinctively leaves no stone unturned.
The candidate must come from the transportation space.
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
LOCATION: VANCOUVER -OR- CALGARY
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
- Promote transportation services to secure new business revenue and achieve sales targets, selling multiple lines of business (LTL, Warehousing, Truckload, Cross-border, Asset, Logistics, etc.) with a key focus on the drayage space
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Understand prospects’ financial objectives and link company’s value proposition, accordingly
- Collaborate with internal departments to advance sales cycles and secure revenue opportunities
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels & across multiple decision makers (high, deep & wide)
- Partner with internal departments in order to provide best product offerings and close opportunities
- 2+ years’ supply chain experience (from import/export to end-user) … with a new business development focus – (not account management)!
- Background working with both asset-based & non-asset-based companies
- Drayage experience (short haul LTL)
- Ability to utilize consultative selling process to present client-needs-oriented solutions
- A track record of quota achievement
- Experience working with salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $85,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $65,000 – $95,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $150,000 – $180,000
OTHER: car allowance + mileage + cell allowance + benefits + home based office
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; SWEET KISS OF DEATH – 4K21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Sabrina specifically … why you’re a fit for this position.