On February 14, 2007, German paraglider Ewa Wiśnierska decided to train for the World Championships in New South Wales, Australia. She ignored multiple weather warnings … calling for violent thunderstorms.
Ewa strapped herself into her glider and set off as her team tracked her progress from their van, below.
The first portion of her flight was calm … and then, two thunderstorm clouds appeared, directly in her path.
While Ewa frantically tried to avoid being caught in their updraft … it didn’t work and in an instant … she was sucked into the ascending current – lifting her at a speed of 77 km/h!
Surrounded by darkness and howling winds, the temperature around her turned freezing cold.
Ewa eventually lost consciousness and was covered in ice, eventually reaching an altitude of 9,946 metres.
She lingered above the storm for 40 minutes in -45°C temperatures … until the wing of her paraglider gave out from the weight of the ice – sending an unconscious Ewa into a horrifying free-fall towards earth.
Longer story short … Ewa’s paraglider mysteriously opened and the abrupt jerk woke her up!
3.5 hours after taking flight … and in rough shape, she somehow managed to steer and land her glider into a farmer’s field – 60 kilometers from where she had started.
Incredibly … save for some frost bite, Ewa emerged unscathed and was released from the hospital within a matter of hours.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … while we’ve got your attention, our client is looking for a Sales Executive in Winnipeg to promote their suite of services to physicians across the province of Manitoba.
As a Sales Executive, reporting to the Director of Sales … you will promote services that assist physicians to achieve their business objectives.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE
- Call on physicians … to secure new clients using a combination of business development efforts
- Handle inbound calls from leads and demonstrate how company’s services can address their needs
- Conduct demonstrations to deliver complex value propositions to physicians and their staff
- Utilize CRM to update activity and keep detailed records of contact with clients and lead opportunities
- Develop relationships & educate physicians on the benefits of products and services, available to them
- 3+ years of B2B sales experience in a business development role
- Experience selling into physicians would be fabulous – but isn’t necessary
- Able to independently self-motivate and problem solve
- Experienced in developing and maintaining genuine client relationships
- An excellent communicator, (both oral and written)
BASE SALARY: $65,000 – $70,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $115,000 – $120,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + car allowance + mileage
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; EYE OF THE STORM – (#3K21-MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … please explain what makes you a legitimate contender for this position.