The saying “getting down to brass tacks” has several suggested origins.
These include; the brass tacks found on fine furniture, Cockney rhyming slang for the term “hard facts” … and the brass tacks hammered into a sales counter – to mark precise measuring points.
A less widespread theory involves the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
Following Lincoln’s death, the undertaker was asked to design the Presidential coffin – using silver tacks as decoration.
In the mid-1800’s it was popular to decorate coffins – and people would often spell out the deceased’s initials on the casket. Generally, brass tacks were used, rather than silver … (as it was a more economical option).
In this case, the term “getting down to brass tacks” referred to getting down to some serious business – the business of death!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, if you’re serious about getting your sales career off on the right foot … let’s get down to “the brass tacks”.
You’d be hard pressed to find an organization better positioned to set you on the path for an extremely successful sales career!
Our client’s organization is a very respected brand … famous for developing top-shelf sales professionals.
Are you tired of 100% commission sales roles … or plying your trade in a dead-end industry? If so … consider this ‘opportunity knocking’.
Match and Fable’s Sabrina Galli is looking for a sales professional with as little as 6 months of hunter-type, B2B sales experience.
Our client will also consider a talented (and super-driven) Inside Sales professional, who is primed and ready to step out from behind the desk … and take on an Outside Sales position.
POSITION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: SALES MANAGER
- Responsible for building a client base through regular, territory sales calls
- Prospect a geographic territory, targeting potential clients to initiate long-term partnerships
- This role is 90% hunting and 10% farming
- Provide consultative sales approach – creating value for both the client and the organization
- Manage territory performance targets, while maintaining client satisfaction and overall results
- Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities
- Desire to learn from the best and put in the hustle to succeed
BASE SALARY: $47,500
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $130,000 (uncapped)
NOTE: Most of the sales team crushes their target and earns considerably more than the OTE.
OTHER: rrsp + benefits + car allowance + gas card + cell allowance
If you believe you are qualified for this role – the ball is in your court!
1. Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2. Ensure subject line reads; BRASS TACKS – 27J21-MTCHFBL
3. Based on the requirements listed … tell Sabrina what makes you a legitimate contender.