On July 28, 1945, 20-year-old, Betty-Lou Oliver arrived at the Empire State Building to start her normal shift as an elevator attendant. However, Betty-Lou could never have imagined what the day had in store for her!
World War II was almost over, and a B-25 service bomber was delivering servicemen from Massachusetts to LaGuardia Airport in NYC.
Flying in dense fog, the pilot (Captain William Smith) asked for permission to land. The tower at LaGuardia instructed him not to do so. The captain ignored the order and, disoriented by the fog … made a turn that brought him over midtown Manhattan.
Moments later … the B-25 crashed into the Empire State Building – causing massive destruction. Betty-Lou was thrown from her elevator – suffering a broken pelvis, back and neck!
On the 79th floor, rescuers pushed Betty-Lou’s stretcher in another elevator – unaware that parts of the plane’s engine had weakened its cables! When those cables snapped … Betty-Lou plunged 75 stories!
Incredibly, the 1,000 feet of cable had broken away and fallen to the base of the elevator shaft – providing a ‘cushion of sorts’ for the free-falling elevator.
Although she suffered additional injuries, 8 months later, Betty-Lou had completely recovered from the harrowing ordeal!
What does all of this have to do with my role?
Nothing at all, really.
That said, now that we have your attention … we’d like to tell you about Match and Fable’s latest role.
Our client is looking for a Sales Executive in the Greater Vancouver Area to promote their suite of services to physicians across British Columbia.
As a Sales Executive, reporting to the Director of Sales (in Toronto) … you will promote services that assist physicians to achieve their business objectives.
POSITION: SALES EXECUTIVE
LOCATION: GREATER VANCOUVER AREA
OFFICE: HOME OFFICE
- Call on physicians … to secure new clients using a combination of business development efforts
- Handle inbound calls from leads and demonstrate how company’s services can address their needs
- Conduct demonstrations to deliver complex value propositions to physicians and their staff
- Utilize CRM to update activity and keep detailed records of contact with clients and lead opportunities
- Develop relationships & educate physicians on the benefits of products and services, available to them
- 3+ years’ of B2B sales experience in a business development role
- Experience selling into physicians would be fabulous – but isn’t necessary
- Able to independently self-motivate and problem solve
- Experienced in developing and maintaining genuine client relationships
- An excellent communicator, (both oral and written)
BASE SALARY: $65,000 – $70,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $50,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS (YEAR 1): $115,000 – $120,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: home office + benefits + car allowance + mileage
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; BETTY LOU – (#5J21-MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … please explain what makes you a legitimate contender for this position.