Growing up the son of Croatian immigrants provided many ‘unique’ experiences.
With no immediate family to lean on, in terms of childcare or finances … my mother became an expert at “stretching a dollar”!
There’s a lot of truth to the saying … “ignorance is bliss”.
And, since my sisters and I didn’t know any different – we couldn’t miss what we’d never had.
Take for example … frozen juice.
As a young boy, I’d accompany my mother to the local Miracle Mart to do our weekly grocery shopping.
Eventually, we’d make our way to the frozen food aisle, and she’d grab a few cans of frozen juice.
I secretly prayed she’d choose the Welch’s Grape or the Five Alive … but she always opted for the “No Name” version – and its dreary packaging.
But, it didn’t matter – it was juice … and what kid doesn’t love juice?
A few years later, I went to my friend David’s house and his mother asked if I would like some juice.
She handed me the glass and from the first sip … my mind was blown!
Was this ambrosia from the Greek gods? I had never tasted such sweet nectar!
As it turned out … Mrs. Chaplin actually followed the instructions and added 3 cans of water, to one can of frozen juice.
Needless to say, for my entire childhood life … my mother had been adding six!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, Match and Fable’s client is looking for a Sales Manager to “juice things up” with their Ontario Sales team!
POSITION: ONTARIO SALES MANAGER (OSM)
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT, SALES
Reporting to the Vice-President, Sales, the Ontario Sales Manager will establish and develop sales strategies for the Ontario region.
As a senior leader in the organization, they will lead and actively mentor a sales team consisting of 10 individuals.
- In conjunction with the VP, Sales, the OSM will assist in strategic planning and execution of sales and marketing initiatives to deliver business growth
- Mentor, coach and develop the Ontario sales team (10 individuals) to hone selling skills and achieve targets
- ~3 days per week in the field … working with sales team on joint calls
- Set clear sales activity objectives … remove roadblocks … and lead the charge
- Establish targets for the team … based on company margin and market share objectives
- Develop productive, multi-level relationships with client base – across the Ontario region
- 5 years in a sales management / leadership role
- An additional 5 years of individual contributor sales experience
- A ‘fresh’ perspective to creatively challenge conventional operating procedures
- Genuinely smart … with a desire to work in a results-oriented, client-centric environment
- Strong leadership skills … a coach and motivator who can build relationships resulting in performance
BASE SALARY: $120,000 – $125,000
ON-TARGET MBO: $20,000 (stretch target to $40,000)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $140,000 – $145,000
OTHER: benefits + company vehicle + gas card
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; JUICE – 24G21MTCHFBL
- In a short (but juicy) email … please tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.