The Red Hand has long been a cultural symbol representing the Province of Ulster, in Northern Ireland.
As one legend of its origin has it … once upon a time, there was a king who had two sons.
To determine which of his sons would succeed their father on the throne, they agreed to a competition.
The competition would be a boat race around an island … and back to shore.
The first to lay a hand on the shoreline would be declared the winner – and “king-in-waiting”!
The boats set-off on the race … and for the most part, remained ‘neck-and-neck’.
As they rounded the island, heading back to shore … one of the boats started to pull ahead.
Quickly approaching the finish line, the brother in the trailing vessel realized he was going to lose.
Refusing to surrender, he grabbed his sword and in one mighty stroke, chopped off his own hand!
He threw it (red and bloody) … onto the beach – and sealed his victory!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, Match and Fable’s client is looking for a creative and motivated Manager, Inside Sales to build their new, Inside Sales Division.
(PS: no sword or boating skills required!)
Our client is the leader in their space, across North America. They are looking for a Manager, Inside Sales to join their Canadian team and build out this division. Reporting to the President, you will be responsible for the performance of the Inside Sales Group.
We are looking for someone with a career, deeply rooted in Inside Sales. A true professional who has risen through the ranks. You must have 5 to 7 years of Inside Sales experience … (with at least 2 years in a management capacity).
POSITION: MANAGER, INSIDE SALES
OFFICE: MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
- Build, manage and lead an Inside Sales Team – providing coaching and mentorship
- Enhance client relationships and promote loyalty by understanding client needs, delivering value, providing support, exploring new opportunities and implementing effective processes
- Improve organizational efficiency & performance by identifying opportunities to do things better
- Develop Inside Sales Team and become a Subject Matter Expert on company offerings
- Maintain intimate understanding of sales pipeline to drive profitability and address shortfalls
- Meet sales quotas including, new leads and share of wallet (SOW) growth opportunities
- Handle escalated customer calls to resolve customer issues and concerns
- 5 to 7 years of Inside Sales experience … with at least 2 years in a management capacity
- Business degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- A strategic thinker with a track record of delivering plans that align with organizational goals
- A natural leader with a track record of successfully leading inside sales teams, building relationships and inspiring teams
- Ambitious, passionate about coaching and an excellent communicator
- A proven understanding of KPIs, forecasting and service level management
BASE RANGE: $90,000 – $100,000
MBO: $13,500 – $20,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $103,500 – $120,000
OTHER: rrsp + medical benefits + vacation + pension
1 – Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 – Ensure the subject line of your email reads; RED HAND – 31E21MTCHFBL
3 – Please tell Mark specifically, what makes you a legitimate contender.