In 1980, 18-year-old high school sports star, Willie Ramirez arrived at a South Florida hospital – in a coma.
His Cuban friends and family did not speak English.
In their struggle to communicate with the medical staff, a family member used the word ‘intoxicado’.
(In Spanish, the word means someone has ingested something – it could be a drug or a bad hamburger!)
The ER doctor assumed it meant ‘intoxicated’ … and immediately diagnosed Ramirez with a drug overdose.
Even as results of numerous ‘tox screens’ came back clean … medical staff never questioned the doctor’s initial assessment.
36 hours later, someone finally figured out Willie was suffering from a blood clot in his brain.
But, it was too late … Ramirez had suffered irreparable damage.
Regrettably, a year later, he left the hospital – a quadriplegic. He was eventually awarded $71 million in a medical malpractice suit. For the record, a translator on staff would have cost the hospital about $40,000 / year.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all.
That said, Match and Fable’s Zafreen Kassam is looking for a translator of sorts. Our client needs a Senior Analyst, Logistics and BI, to be an intermediary between the IT department and the Sales and Executive teams.
Our Mississauga based client provides highly customized logistics solutions and they’re looking for a Senior Analyst, Logistics & Business Intelligence to play a crucial role in the success of the business.
This position works closely with both IT Department and the Sales and Executive Teams. In essence, they are the intermediary who understands the ‘language’ of both groups and can translate needs and information both ways!
POSITION: SENIOR ANALYST, LOGISTICS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS & WAREHOUSING
- Design / develop reports and dashboards using reporting development tools (Excel, SSRS and Power BI)
- Communicate with IT Department to provide business logic for data structure development
- Collect / analyze data and identify opportunities to maximize profit, minimize costs, recommend value-added business solutions and determine potential areas for improvement and growth
- Perform data cleansing, transformation and testing for day-to-day analysis and report development
- Provide strategic supply chain network analysis and develop cost effective solutions
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have a background in IT
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills – reporting into Sr. Management.
- Must have SQL Server reporting and analysis experience
- Basic programming and coding skills, required
- Visual basic programming knowledge, required
- Advanced Excel and Relational Database software skills – able to create formulas, pivot tables, and “IF statements”
BASE SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $80,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation
1: Email your resume to Zafreen Kassam at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; INTOXICADO – (#15E21MTCHFBL)
3:Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.