You’ve likely never heard the name, Antonio Santi Meucci.
Born in 1808 in present day Florence, Italy, Meucci was an inventor, who is believed to have invented the first telephone – in 1860.
He called it the “teletrofono”.
While Meucci did file a temporary patent on his ground breaking invention, it expired in December 1874.
About two years later, Alexander Graham Bell obtained the necessary patents and is now recognized as the inventor of the telephone.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, in keeping with the theme of “patents” … Match and Fable’s client is looking for a Legal Assistant (Patents) for a law firm in Toronto.
POSITION: LEGAL ASSISTANT (PATENTS)
INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
Our client a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They are located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and they’re looking for a a Legal Assistant (Patents) … to join their team.
- Manage the daily operation, administration and organization of a busy Patent Agent/Partner
- Monitor all patent due dates … and follow up accordingly
- File responses to Office Actions
- Prepare forms and application filing papers for Canadian, US and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications
- Complete weekly and monthly reports for clients
- Coordinate a high-volume workload with great accuracy and organization
- 5+ years’ experience as an Intellectual Property Legal Assistant, preferably in the patent area
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education preferably in a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
BASE SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $80,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; RING RING – 11E21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark why you should be considered for this position.