Maria Swanenburg (aka “Good Maria”) was born September 9, 1839 in Leiden, Netherlands.
She earned the nickname Good Maria due to her eagerness to help friends and family in her poverty-stricken neighbourhood.
What no one knew was, for nearly 20 years … she is believed to have poisoned at least 65 people, by adding arsenic into their food or drink. Among her first victims were her very own mother and father!
In December 1883, Good Maria was arrested after poisoning the Frankhuizen family.
She was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in jail – where she died in 1915.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while we have your attention … we’d like to tell you about Match and Fable’s newest role – a Senior Law Clerk in Toronto.
POSITION: SENIOR LAW CLERK (CORPORATE)
INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
Our client a prominent Canadian business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They are located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and looking for a Senior Law Clerk (Corporate) … to join their team.
- Prepare and file articles and corporate documentation relating to routine and complex incorporations, amendments, continuances, amalgamations, dissolutions, changes in corporate structure and transactions governed by the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act, Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act + the Corporations Act (Ontario)
- Conduct complex corporate reviews and related due diligence in connection with transactions; recommend and draft rectification materials
- Prepare documentation related to mergers, acquisitions, financings, share/asset purchase and sale transactions and tax reorganizations, including; complex and routine closing agendas, corporate structure charts, complex and multiple classes of shares, rollover and share exchange documents
- Prepare and file extra-provincial and territorial registrations, amendments and annual returns on behalf of corporations, partnerships and limited partnerships
- Prepare / file annual returns, Form 1 & 2, as required by the Corporations Information Act (Ontario)
- Participate in education of articling + summer students + lawyers within the firm
- 10+ years’ experience relevant to the responsibilities above, preferably at a large law firm
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Membership in good standing with Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the corporate statutes
- Superior computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, CorpLink, EnAct, Cyberbahn + Adobe)
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours … when required and/or necessary
BASE SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $100,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Mark Krpan at email@example.com.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; GOOD MARIA – 11E21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Mark why you should be considered for this position.