The year was 1984 … and I was in Grade 7.
On my way home from Walt’s Variety Store on Concession Street … I heard a magical sound that would shape my musical taste – forever!
A rapper named LL Cool J had just released his album titled “Radio” and “Rock the Bells” was absolutely rockin’ my world!
Over the next few months, I boxed up my childhood toys and immersed myself in all things Hip-Hop.
My mom bought me a navy K-Way suit and a book I was begging for – “Breakdancing” … where “Mr. Fresh and The Supreme Rockers promised to show me how to do it!”
And I desperately needed to know “how to do it”!
A few months later, after hours and hours of practicing the moves from my book, I auditioned to join a local Breakdance Crew – The Street Rockers! And, I made the cut!
After agonizing over options, I finally chose my “B-Boy name” – Marky Fresh.
I spent every free moment I had honing my specialty … which was “lockin’ ‘n’ poppin’!”
My signature move?
The King Tut!
While my parents scratched their heads … wondering what had happened to their little boy … I relished in my newfound passion and the camaraderie The Street Rockers provided.
What’s this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … just as “Marky Fresh” perfected his signature move to make him invaluable to the Street Rockers … my client is looking for a Head of Sales to bring their invaluable knowledge of the Security industry to their organization.
The President of the company has the strategy … what he needs, is a strong sales leader who can execute!
Our client is the leader in the Electronic Security and Protective Security (Static Guarding) industry.
In this role, you will manage the sales team and play a key role in driving the business forward.
This is not an “armchair quarterback” position. They’re looking for an individual to lead by example and be an active participant in growing sales … while mentoring and growing a small sales team to new heights!
POSITION: HEAD OF SALES
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
INDUSTRY: ELECTRONIC SECURITY / STATIC GUARDING
- Work closely with Executive Leadership Team to optimize and execute the sales strategy for Canada
- In conjunction with the President … establish annual targets for a small sales team and ensure attainment
- Instill a consultative, solution-selling, cross-selling … high-performance sales culture
- Lead account planning / status meetings, re-enforcing focus and accountability within the sales division
- Grow portfolio of high value clients and accounts for both business lines (Electronic and Static Guarding)
- Modify marketing efforts for maximum impact to maximize ROI on existing marketing programs
- Participate in on-site visits and client meetings … and ensure premium communication, on all fronts
- Work with all levels and departments across the organization to ensure operational efficiencies
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years’ experience in Security Sales
- MUST HAVE: working knowledge of CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion and/or Static Guarding
- NICE TO HAVE: ability to read and understand Security drawings
- University degree (at a minimum) … MBA, preferred
- Incredible drive and motivation person and a history of consistently achieving business goals
- Travel across Canada … (20% – 25%)
- A genuine customer service etiquette and business acumen
BASE SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $140,000 – $170,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance + vacation
If you’re qualified and interested … this is what happens next;
1: Email your resume to Mark at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MARKY FRESH – (29D21-MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the description … tell Mark why you’re a legitimate contender for this role.