In 18th century Britain, alarm clocks were both unreliable and expensive!
Nevertheless … people had to make sure they woke up on-time to get to work!
So, what did they do?
Well … they did what all their neighbours were doing.
They hired a “knocker-upper” to rouse them from their slumber.
This individual would carry a baton and knock on clients’ doors.
If clients lived on higher floors … they’d use a long bamboo stick, to reach their bedroom windows.
The “knocker-upper” wouldn’t leave until they were certain their client had climbed out of bed.
In return, the knocker-up was paid a few pence per week.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Nothing at all!
But while you’re here … Sabrina Galli is looking for a Branch Manager in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Match and Fable’s client has been a trusted name in the US Northeast for 30+ years – as a top-tier player in the landscape design, architecture and development industries.
They are the ‘brains and brawn’ behind some of the areas’ most breathtaking designs in both the commercial and residential markets. And, with their fully comprehensive, end-to-end service they boast a client focus unlike any other in the exterior aesthetics space.
POSITION: BRANCH MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIVISION MANAGER
LOCATION: NASHUA, NH
TERRITORY: NORTH MA / -SOUTH NH
- Responsible for leading daily Operations, Customer Service and Sales activities of the Branch
- Supervise a team of Account Managers and Sales staff
- Lead and supervise all landscape maintenance and snow removal teams, ensuring client satisfaction and company standards of excellence
- Meet (or exceed) monthly budgeted sales objectives for both new business and enhancements
- Review and approve all sales estimates prior to issuing
- Recruit and hire branch employees
- Conduct and oversee branch team meetings … including assigning specific work duties
- Review employee performance and development
- Possess and develop an in-depth understanding of the key market drivers, competitors, suppliers, end-user trends, etc.
- Oversee risk management of the branch
- Minimum 3 years’ Landscape Management and Operations experience
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to identify and execute on key motivators, of individual team members
- A background in Business Development
- Ability to read and understand plans, guidelines and material lists
- NICE TO HAVE: 5 years’ Branch Management + Degree in landscape contracting, horticulture or business management + bilingual (Spanish / Portuguese / English)
BASE SALARY: $90,000 – $105,000 (USD)
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $3,000 – $10,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $93,000 – $115,000 (uncapped)
OTHER: company vehicle + cell phone + laptop + 401K + medical benefits
1. Email your resume to Sabrina at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure the subject line reads; KNOCKER UPPER – #18D21MTCHFBL
3. Please tell Sabrina what makes you a contender.