Before ships began to be powered by steam or fuel … almost every one of them was equipped solely with sails.
Attached to the sails were ropes. The manipulation of these ropes directly affected the shape of the sail … as such, allowing the vessel to maneuver through the water.
New recruits had to learn how to tie special knots and control the ropes to move the sails and capture wind most effectively. This series of lessons was referred to as – “learning the ropes”.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, our client has asked Zafreen Kassam to find Development Trainees (with as little as zero experience) to learn the ropes of their business … and launch their professional career!
Our client is one of Canada’s largest distributors of construction products. Their philosophy is to empower and invest in their employees who in turn will grow and succeed in the business.
With that in mind, our client is looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset. Someone who is looking to learn the ropes and launch their business career. Exposure to the company’s various departments (from Warehouse to Sales, to Operations and Account Management) will allow you to learn and grow with this position.
POSITION: DEVELOPMENT TRAINEE
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
OFFICE: HAMILTON, ONTARIO
- Work closely with various departments across the organization to get a better understanding of the company’s product offerings – from Warehouse to Sales to Operations
- Support the overall organization with customer service, order management, inventory, pricing, sales, and financial statements
- Assist Sales teams with processing orders, providing quotes, sourcing product, delivery and follow-ups.
- Work with Account Managers on business development initiatives, negotiate contracts and build lasting relationships with all stakeholders
- The desire to learn and contribute … (no previous experience necessary!)
- Self-starter with a high integrity, urgency, passion for performance and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- A positive “can-do” attitude, results oriented and a team player
- Valid G Driver’s license with a clean abstract
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $42,000
VARIABLE COMPENSATION: $5,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $45,000 – $47,000
OTHER: rrsp + medical benefits + vacation
1: Send your resume to Zafreen Kassam at; email@example.com
2: Ensure the subject line of your email reads; THE ROPES – 17D21MTCHFBL
3: Please tell Zafreem specifically, what makes you a legitimate contender.