For more than 600 years, a 9-foot-tall, stucco statue of Buddha sat in Bangkok, Thailand.
Known as the “Phra Phuttha Maha Suwan Patimakon”, it was so incredibly heavy, it was simply left outside for years – covered by a simple tin roof.
Then, in 1955, it was decided the statue would be relocated.
As workers began the transfer, the statue was inadvertently dropped!
Large pieces of stucco broke away … and stunned onlookers could not believe their eyes.
As the workers chipped away at the remaining stucco … it was revealed the Buddha was made of solid gold!
Worth an estimated $250 million, historians believe the statue was most likely covered in stucco to safeguard it from Burmese invaders, in the 1700’s.
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here … we’d liked to reveal Sabrina Galli’s latest search for a Logistics Coordinator in the GTA.
With facilities spanning from coast to coast … and terminals in every major city across Canada, our client is looking for an individual to join their Supply Chain Operations division.
In this role, you will coordinate personnel and processes to achieve smooth operations of a variety of channels … aiming for extreme efficiency!
POSITION: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS & PROCUREMENT
- Negotiate freight rates with carriers for Domestic, Cross-Border, TL & LTL. All equipment + modes (including temp-control)
- Source carriers for all freight movements and track loads to provide clients with up-to-date information
- Manage + coordinate daily shipments with carriers and customer service team
- Liaise with customer service and carriers to facilitate their pickup and delivery appointments
- Respond quickly to spot quotes & ensure TMS contains complete data
- Follow up on delivery delays or security issues
- Grow and maintain existing and new carriers
- Provide carrier costing to Senior Team (for RFPs + Bids)
- 2+ years’ logistics or dispatch experience – in the transportation industry
- Experience in Cross Border movements, Full-Truckload + LTL
- Ability to make quick decisions with keen attention to detail
- Understanding of cross-border & domestic TL and LTL market rates
- Ability to effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $50,000 – $70,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation + smart phone
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; REVEALED – 17D21-TCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Sabrina specifically … why you’re a fit for this position.