On September 22, 2008, Terry Kniess was called to “Come on Down” and be the next contestant on The Price Is Right.
The first item he bid on was the Big Green Egg Smoker/Grill.
Terry bid $1,175.
The actual retail price? $1,175!
Unbeknownst to anyone, Kneiss wasn’t a typical contestant. He was a passionate student of the game.
For 4 months prior, he recorded episodes of the show and kept track of all the items being offered up for bid.
Terry memorized a ton of them.
Next, Terry spun the Big Wheel, and luckily landed on 90 cents … qualifying him for the Showcase Showdown!
That’s when a man in the crowd, named Ted Slauson, stepped in.
A Super Fan of the show, Slauson had studied The Price Is Right, for over a decade!
The items in Terry’s Showcase package were a pool table, a karaoke machine and a 17-foot camper.
Ted whispered to Terry’s wife, who relayed the information to her husband, on stage.
Terry bid $23,743.
The actual retail price? $23,743!
And, because he had ‘guessed’ within $250 of the price, he ended up winning both Showcases!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here … if you’re a Regional Operations Manager in Windsor, Ontario (or open to relocating there) … Zafreen Kassam would love to speak with you!
POSITION: REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT
LOCATION: WINDSOR, ONTARIO
Lead a high-performance management team consisting of 8 Operations Managers.
The primary objective is to mentor your Operations team to achieve their objectives.
Reporting to the Vice President … and based from their Windsor location, you’ll handle the day-to-day leadership of this Operations Group – including coaching and development.
- Lead and mentor a team of Operations Managers in Windsor & Sarnia
- Ensure service quality standards and corporate targets are achieved monthly and maximize team’s efficiency – via direct coaching & interaction
- Secure new business by building on previous year’s results
- Develop strong relationships across all areas of the business
- Maximize portfolio growth through development of sales or customer service opportunities
- Business Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years’ successful operational leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical professionals, to achieve their full potential
- Plumbing and HVAC background – a significant asset
- Ability to align individual objectives with corporate goals
- Introduce new initiatives for business development and maintain further growth
- Strong written & verbal communication skills along with self-awareness and emotional intelligence
BASE SALARY: $100,000 – $120,000
VARIABLE COMPENSATION: $20,000 – $24,000
OTE: $120,000 – $144,000
OTHER: mileage + rrsp + benefits + vacation + relocation costs, if necessary
There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Zafreen at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads THE PRICE IS RIGHT – 15D21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … please tell Zafreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.