Where did the term “eat humble pie” originate?
Well … during the Middle Ages, the Lord of the Manor would usually hold a feast after a big hunt.
Naturally … as the head of the household, the Lord would accept the absolute finest cut of meat for his meal!
Those of significantly “lower standing” could expect a pie (but certainly not the kind of pie they’d hope for).
Their pies were filled with the entrails and innards of the animals.
These ‘parts’ of the animals were called – “umbles.”
As such, receiving “umble pie” was humiliating … as it clearly indicated one’s inferior status.
What does that have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, while you’re here … check out Sabrina Galli’s latest search for an Operations Manager in the Transportation industry in the GTA.
Our client is expanding their Operations team in the GTA and is looking for the right leader to head up the team!
The candidate must come from the transportation space.
POSITION: OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: EVP
- Manage a team of approximately 10 (Dispatchers, Dock Supervisors, Lead Hands) + 18-20 Drivers
- Direct activities of staff in relation to transport operations (dispatching and monitoring of vehicles)
- Negotiation and authorization of contracts with various vendors related to company’s needs
- Develop KPI’s to measure effectiveness of the Operations Group
- Develop transportation policies and appoint competent transportation staff.
- Maintain open dialogue with other departments to organize activities to enhance company performance
- Take charge of investigations to address client challenges with regards to services provided
- Make recommendations for acquisition of new equipment
- 3 – 5 years’ Operations experience (2 years in a management role)
- A solid understanding of: Cross-Border LTL/TL experience
- Solid communication skills to produce and distribute information across different units
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of that team
- A strategic background with excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of SOP’s and Process Improvement; ability to create and streamline processes
- Experience with asset-based environments
- Detailed knowledge of the procedures and modes of transportation for moving goods
- Extensive background in pricing and understanding of P&L management
- Ability to travel to USA (1x/quarter)
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $95,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; HUMBLE PIE – 14D21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Sabrina specifically … why you’re a fit for this position.