As a kid, watching Saturday morning cartoons … I’d regularly settle into a bowl of Corn Flakes and watch commercials for Count Chocula and Frosted Flakes dance across the screen.
My mother NEVER bought these cereals – never even considered it.
And, you can be certain … her decision had nothing to do with dietary concerns over sugar content.
Her decision was 100% price driven!
So, imagine my delight, one Saturday morning … when I opened the cabinet and there … before my very eyes, stood a box of Cap’n Crunch!
I immediately determined there was no way Cap’n Crunch was making its way into ‘regular rotation’.
So, I instantly learned the concept of rationing.
Cap’n Crunch became a 10-year-old boy’s delicacy – enjoyed only on Saturdays – never during the week!
I’d fill a bowl with Corn Flakes and then strategically place 5 Cap’n Crunch pieces on top! (I think I managed to stretch that box to nearly 6 months!)
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, Match and Fable’s client is looking for a Director, Solutions Design and Business Intelligence to Captain their team, Crunch the data … and deliver wonderful, customized Supply Chain solutions!
Our client provides highly customized logistics solutions and are looking for a Director to lead a skilled team, consisting of 4 Solution Design Managers + 1 Manager, Business Intelligence.
The primary role of the Director, Solutions Design and Business Intelligence is to qualify, scope, design, optimize and manage Supply Chain solutions (Distribution, Warehousing, Transportation and Technology) to targeted industry verticals. They will provide business development support and expertise to help secure new business while driving growth opportunities with existing clients.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, SOLUTIONS DESIGN & BI
INDUSTRY: LOGISTICS & WAREHOUSING
- Leadership: Lead a team to develop customized supply chain solutions that deliver differentiated cost and service quality (3PL services focused on outsourced warehousing & transportation)
- Project Management & Planning: Lead Quick Response Team implementations for new client onboarding initiatives (warehouse and transportation).
- Resource Co-ordination: (Solutions Design, Warehouse, Transportation, 3PL Customer Service, IT, Sales and Administration) for implementation / execution.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Guide Business Intelligence team and Senior Management to further integrate and report on key metrics.
- Communications: Lead development of internal and external communications (solutions design, business cases, financial and operations feasibility, RFPs, RFIs & White Papers).
- University Degree
- Master’s in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business Administration – a definite asset
- 10+ years’ progressive logistics / supply chain experience (5 years in a leadership role)
- Extensive understanding of at least one of the following: Food and Consumer Products, Industrial / Manufacturing, Life Sciences (Health Care) or High Tech
- Strong understanding of data management & data structures and business intelligence analytics
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint & Power BI)
- Knowledge of transportation management software and warehouse management system, an asset.
- Working knowledge of financial software, i.e., Epicor, Great Plains, JD Edwards is an asset.
BASE SALARY: $140,000 – $150,000
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $190,000 – $190,000
OTHER: benefits + car allowance + LTIP
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure subject line reads; CAPTAIN CRUNCH – (#10D21MTCHFBL)
3: Based on the job description … explain how you are a fit for this role.