The term “fire in the hole” is a common warning that an explosive detonation within a confined space, is about to happen.
The phrase originated with miners, who needed to warn their fellow workers that a charge had been set and they should take cover.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … our transportation industry client is looking for a dynamite sales hunter to light-up their territory in either Halifax or Moncton!
Our client is expanding their team in Eastern Canada and believes; the best hunters aren’t very good farmers!
That’s why, in this role… you’ll be solely responsible for selling transportation services.
You won’t be fielding calls from existing clients -or- putting out fires!
There’s a Customer Success Team that focuses on delivering the service you’ll be selling.
Our client is looking for a strategic sales hunter who instinctively leaves no stone unturned.
The candidate must come from the transportation space.
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: HALIFAX -OR- MONCTON
REPORTS TO: VP, SALES
- Promote organization’s transportation services to secure new business revenue and achieve sales targets, selling multiple lines of business (LTL, Warehousing, Truckload, Cross-border, Asset, Logistics, etc.)
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Understand prospects’ financial objectives and link company’s value proposition, accordingly
- Collaborate with internal departments to advance sales cycles and secure revenue opportunities
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels & across multiple decision makers (high, deep & wide)
- Partner with internal departments in order to provide best product offerings and close opportunities
- 2+ years’ supply chain experience (from import/export to end-user) … with a new business development focus – not account management!
- Background working with both asset-based & non-asset-based companies
- Drayage experience (short haul LTL)
- Ability to utilize consultative selling process to present client-needs-oriented solutions
- A track record of quota achievement
- Experience working with salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $40,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $115,000 – $120,000
OTHER: car allowance + mileage + cell allowance + benefits + home based office
1: Email your resume to Sabrina Galli at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; FIRE IN THE HOLE – 9D21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Sabrina specifically … why you’re a fit for this position.