Not a term heard often these days … unless you’re hanging around Match and Fable’s offices!
One of its meanings refers to something being ‘hot’ … as in, highly attractive or desirable.
For example, “Match and Fable is hotter than a 3-dollar pistol”!
Where did the term originate?
Well, back in the mid-1800’s … gun manufacturers like; Remington, Smith & Wesson and Winchester were selling a boat load of pistols. As is often the case … counterfeiters recognized an opportunity to capitalize on the opportunity and turn a quick buck.
To keep their prices super low … their manufacturing processes and standards were naturally, extremely shoddy.
Mismatched parts resulted in misaligned chambers and barrels … causing a slew of problems when fired! In fact, in some cases … these pistols exploded in the shooter’s hand!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Well … not much.
That said … this role is hotter than a 3-dollar pistol … and won’t last long!
Match and Fable’s client is looking for a Commercial Channel Manager to manage commercial relationships, primarily based in the Vancouver region.
Experience selling into the Healthcare industry -or- selling into Distribution models is a must!
POSITION: COMMERCIAL CHANNEL MANAGER (HEALTHCARE)
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, SALES
OFFICE: HOME BASED
Our client is a multi-national organization with one of the most recognized brands on the planet!
This role will is based from home in the Vancouver area … reporting to the Director, Sales.
You will receive extensive training to become a Subject Matter Expert on the company’s offerings.
You’ll use this expertise to drive sales performance with the company’s Commercial Distribution partners.
- Execute a variety of plans including: Sales Coverage Plans, Marketing Plans, New Product Plans, Account Management Plans & Distributor Plans
- Joint calls with key, Commercial Channel Partners to drive sales and achieve profitability goals
- Leverage distributor relationships in a focused effort to gain access to end user accounts
- Leverage sales resources to drive market intimacy and penetrate the account base
- Sales and marketing via distributor accounts (with a key focus in the Healthcare industry)
- Align appropriate resources to service key clientele
- 5+ years’ sales experience managing and selling to large, national distributors or national end-users in Healthcare and/or Industrial markets
- Experience selling via channels
- experience selling into GPO’s (Group Purchasing Organizations)
- Approximately 20% – 25% (non-Covid times)
BASE: $90,000 – $100,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $18,000 – $20,000 (uncapped + bonuses)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $108,000 – $120,000 (+++)
OTHER: car allowance + home office + benefits + rrsps
INTERESTED? Then there are 4 things we’ll need from you;
- Please send your resume to Mark Krpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; $3 PISTOL – 19B21.MTCHFBL.
- In a short email … tell Mark how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.
- Please include a link to your social media presence.