Violet Jessop, the daughter of Irish immigrants, was born and raised in Argentina.After her father’s death … her family returned to England.
Soon after, her mother took ill … and Violet left school to become a stewardess.
She eventually accepted a position with a British shipping company – White Star.
In 1911 … the ship Violet was working on (The Olympic), collided with a British warship – HMS Hawke.
No one was seriously injured in the collision.
On April 10, 1912, 24-year-old Jessop boarded a ship called … the RMS Titanic!
Four days later … that infamous ship struck an iceberg in the Northern Atlantic … sinking within 2 hours. 1,503 people died, while 705 people survived.
Among the survivors was … Violet Jessop!
Believe it or not, Violet continued her employment with White Star and … on November 21, 1916, as the HMHS Britannic was floating in the Aegean Sea … an explosion rocked the ship – sinking it in less than an hour. 30 people died … while 1,066 people survived.
Among the survivors was none other than … Violet Jessop!
Undeterred by her close calls with death, Violet continued working as a stewardess.
All in … she would spend 42 years at sea, retiring to a cottage in Suffolk … and passing at the age of 83.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, just as Violet’s story is rather amazing … so too is the Account Manager opportunity Match and Fable is working on for our wonderful client. The territory encompasses Edmonton to Fort McMurray to Grand Prairie.
Based from a home office (with a company vehicle and gas card) … the Account Manager will develop a geographic territory using a structured sales process … combined with true urgency.
The right candidate is experienced at quickly developing & strengthening client relationships.
This individual must have the ability to analyze client needs and present convincing, value-based solutions.
The Account Manager will own a list of approximately 100 OEM Auto Dealership accounts.
These accounts range from OEM dealers who conduct minimal business with our client … to others who are virtually exclusive with their organization.
Given the account mix, the Account Manager will need to be proficient at nurturing current business, as well as strategic business development to secure net-new revenue.
The Account Manager will generate sales in two, primary ways.
1. Growing “share of wallet” opportunities within an existing client base.
2. Targeting strategic accounts to win them over and secure their business.
POSITION: ACCOUNT MANAGER
TERRITORY: EDMONTON + FORT MC MURRAY + GRAND PRAIRIE
- Build genuine relationships and loyalty with every client in your designated territory via regular sales calls
- Call on Parts Advisors, Parts Managers, Service Advisors etc … … at Auto Dealerships located in your territory
- Manage and grow business with ~100 accounts via regular sales calls (~15 – 20 per week)
- 70% of the role involves dealing with current clientele to increase share of wallet spend
- 30% of the role involves targeting strategic accounts to win their business from the competition
- Develop transactional customers into loyal clients … and lift loyal relationships … to trusted advisor status
- Know your territory intimately … + develop multiple relationships (deep, high and wide) with every client
- Implement a business plan (and action that plan) using CRM + other company tools
- MUST HAVE: 5+ years sales experience, in a similar role
- Post-secondary education
- Clear understanding of the sales process
- Proficiency dealing with client contacts at various levels … and navigating past gatekeepers
- An internally driven, consultative & collaborative professional who is a strong presenter and a great listener
- Strong capacity to identify client needs and apply products or services, as appropriate
BASE SALARY: $75,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $11,250 – $12,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $86,250 – $92,000
OTHER: company vehicle program + benefits + rrsp + work from home
1: Email your resume to Mark Krpan at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; CHEATING DEATH – 5B21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Mark specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.