102 years ago … the Purity Distilling Company was located at 529 Commercial Street in Boston, Massachusetts. It was here the company had installed a molasses tank, standing 15 meters tall by 27 meters wide.
It held 8.7 million liters of molasses.
Before we get to the story … you should know that fermented molasses produces ethanol.
Ethanol is the active ingredient in alcoholic beverages and a key component in the manufacture of ammunition.
On January 14, 1919 a ship delivered a fresh, new load of molasses, which was heated to simplify transfer.
The next day, at about 12:30pm, likely due to thermal expansion of the older, cold molasses, the tank burst!
Witnesses reported feeling the ground shake and hearing “a thunderclap-like bang!” – followed by machine gun-like sounds … as rivets shot out of the tank.
The explosion and subsequent wave of molasses, surged through the streets at over 50 km/h, sadly killing 21 people and injuring 150.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really!
That said, our client who happens to be in the Food Industry (in Abbotsford, BC) is looking for a Manager, Scheduling & Inventory.
Our client is a Food Manufacturer who prides itself on innovation and tailored solutions.
They bring delicious flavours to life … for their clients!
Their business is doing extremely well and they find themselves in need of a Manager, Scheduling & Inventory!
POSITION: MANAGER, SCHEDULING & INVENTORY
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS
INDUSTRY: FOOD & BEVERAGE
LOCATION: ABBOTSFORD, BC
- Responsible for planning at the operation level, aligning demand with capacity for food operation
- Oversees and optimizes the complete flow of material and information, starting with the establishment of an achievable production plan that can deliver the sales forecast, and ending with the monitoring of delivery performance toward the customer
- Responsible to lead the Operation Planning (OP) and guide the monthly site (OP) process to ensure overall capacity to support the customer demand
- Creating the Master Production Schedule with checked and verified capacity (Man hours/machine hours/material) will be the main responsibility of the Scheduling and Inventory Manager where he/she needs to run/check Rough Cut Capacity, identify, and highlight capacity issues
- Ultimately this will result in managing constraint theory resulting in optimizing customer satisfaction, production efficiencies and minimizing WIP & stock levels
- 5+ years of expertise in Supply Chain, Inventory Management or related area
- Degree or Diploma in supply chain or business management would be an asset
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation is an asset
- Must have food industry experience
SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Doreen Silva at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; STICKY – 5B21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Doreen specifically … how you fit for this role.