“London Calling” was the third studio album by English punk rock band – the Clash.
It was originally released in the United Kingdom in December 1979.
The album contained a song by the same name and was penned by Joe Strummer and Mick Jones.
The title refers to the BBC’s station identification: “This is London calling …”, which was used during World War II, in broadcasts to occupied countries.
The song instantly became the band’s highest charting single until “Should I Stay or Should I Go” reached No. 1 – ten years later.
Many critics and music aficionados consider this song, the band’s best song ever!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said, if you’re a Production Supervisor living in the London area … have we got a role for you!
Our client is looking for a Production Supervisor who will be responsible for managing production processes and staff … ensuring processes are uber-efficient, without compromising employee safety!
POSITION: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: LONDON AREA
- Supervise Area Leaders, Operators and Set-up Technicians; ensuring appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Lead and motivate employees, challenge the status quo and implement innovative solutions
- Ensure employees know how to perform jobs, efficiently – fully aware of safe operation of equipment
- Maintain Technical System Procedures and Instructions within department
- Develop production planning, communicate responsibilities, establish production timelines
- Minimize costs of operating through proper planning and efficient use of all available resources
- Address quality related challenges & provide swift resolution to minimize production interruption
- Interact with Maintenance Department Supervisors & employees to ensure equipment is maintained
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar supervisory Production role
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Experience with machining and automated assembly operations
- Familiar with automatic production equipment, robotics, assembly welding and press shop operations
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Experience administering collective agreements, a huge asset
BASE SALARY: $60,000 – $65,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Doreen Silva at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; LONDON CALLING – 4B21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Doreen specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.