In 1943, as World War II was in full swing … the Allied Forces were formulating a plan to attack Sicily.
To increase their odds of success, they decided to try and dupe the Nazis into believing they were, in fact heading in a different direction – towards Greece & Sardinia!
They took the body of a man, named Glyndwr Michael … (who had recently died from ingesting rat poison) and planted fake, ‘top-secret’ papers in his pockets.
These papers detailed an Allied Forces’ plan to attack Greece and Sardinia.
To make things appear even more legit … they placed a photo of his lovely (but also totally fake) girlfriend in, for good measure!
They dropped the corpse into the water and let it float to an area near Spain … where a Nazi agent found it.
The plan worked perfectly … and Sicily was liberated much quicker than anticipated … with fewer casualties than expected.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much really.
That said … just as the Allied Forces’ operation was a resounding success … Jordana’s client is looking for an individual, based in Chicago, who can deliver wonderful sales success in the Intermodal Transportation space!
Our client, an established freight and 3PL solutions provider in Canada, is entering a new market … and they need an experienced candidate from the Intermodal sales industry.
You’ll be solely focused on strategic sales and net new business in this exciting adventure!
As a Business Development Manager, you will be a consultant and subject matter expert working with the organization on new business related to cross border operations, between the USA and Canada.
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE-PRESIDENT
LOCATION: CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
- Hunt for new opportunities, qualify leads & develop new business opportunities
- Market intermodal service to prospects through on-going education
- Drive growth and create demand for intermodal, ensuring a robust pipeline of client opportunities
- Understand the underlying challenges of the opportunity and design solutions addressing the client’s short and long-term needs
- Regularly refine intermodal strategy … based on network feedback and external market trends
- Respond to network inquiries on industry related topics, market trends and competitive intelligence for intermodal
- Understand how to leverage departments within intermodal, other modal teams, and Customer Shared Services teams
- 3+ years’ experience in the intermodal market – hunting for new business
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma, preferably within Supply Logistics
- Ability to travel locally and cross border
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Track record of delivering measurable financial results through sales or account management solutions
- Strong strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills and business acumen
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000 (USD)
VARIABLE: 4% of GP (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $125,000+ (USD)
OTHER: car allowance + benefits + WFH office
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; MINCEMEAT – 31A21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Jordana specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.