Victor Lustig was born January 4, 1890 in present day Czech Republic.
A skilled con-man, he was infamous for being “the man who sold the Eiffel Tower – twice”!
He also invented the “Rumanian Box” scam – a.k.a., the Money Box.
Lustig would approach his target with a ‘machine’ he claimed could duplicate any currency placed inside it.
The ‘machine’ was a specially designed mahogany box with two small slots and a number of levers and mechanisms that had to be carefully manipulated, to produce the duplicate currency.
To convince the person his Money Box truly worked, Lustig asked them for a $100 bill.
He would insert the bill into his device and explain it would take 6 hours to create the copy.
When 6 hours passed … Lustig would reach into the machine and produce a perfect ‘counterfeit’ bill (which was in fact, a real $100 bill he had pre-loaded)!
Lustig would then accompany the individual to a local bank to authenticate the note.
Once the person was whipped into a frenzy (thinking they’d struck it rich) … Lustig would sell them the box for thousands of dollars.
Before delivering the machine, Lustig would pack the Money Box with 4 real $100 bills … providing him with 24 hours to get out of town – before his victim realized they had been swindled!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said, if you’re a Dealing Representative in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto … you’ll want to check Doreen’s latest role.
POSITION: RVP – DEALING REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR – CANADA
LOCATIONS: VANCOUVER + CALGARY + TORONTO
INDUSTRY: WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Our client is a long-standing investment firm in Canada looking to hire a RVP in 3 locations, across Canada. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Dealing Representative to grow their career.
This is a licensed Dealing Representative role with a primary objective of growing business from a select group of investors. The role demands someone who is sales-oriented, self-managed and has a strong work ethic.
- Work a pipeline of prospects and core clientele by maintaining an active database of targets and core clientele
- Meet annual sales target by developing and executing action plans
- Maintain and expand investors’ base via industry events, targeted phone calls, email & sales presentations
- Provide leadership and practice the investment activities of the organization
- Practice all investment activities based on the organization’s business strategy and annual targets
- 5 years’ experience acquiring new, High-Net-Worth clientele
- Currently registered as a Dealing Representative … with either an Exempt Market Dealer (EMD) or Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), or recently employed with either of those organizations, as a registered representative
- Currently registered … with Chartered Investment Manager (CIM) License
- Entrepreneurial spirit – to reach clients through candidate’s own network and other channels
- Proven success in sales and business development … preferably in the investment industry
BASE SALARY: $100,000
OTHER: medical benefits + 4 weeks’ vacation + work from home
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
- Send your resume to Doreen Silva at email@example.com.
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads; MONEY BOX – MTCHFBL31A21
- In a short email … please tell Doreen how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.