Back in the day … salt was the leading method of food preservation.
(Some may argue, it’s also essential for a great night of tequila drinking – but that’s beside the point!)
On a completely other note, to be ‘worth one’s salt’ means to be worth one’s pay.
In fact, the word ‘salary’, comes from the Latin word, ‘salarium’.
Salarium was the money paid to Roman soldiers … for the purchase of salt.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
Not much, really.
That said … our client is looking for a Manager of Material Planning & Scheduling who is definitely ‘worth their salt’!
Our client is looking for a Manager of Material Planning & Scheduling.
This individual will manage all aspects of material flow and maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories. This includes all modes of transportation, scheduling, planning, procurement, cost, warehousing, shipping & receiving, to ensure client orders are fulfilled – on time!
POSITION: MANAGER, MATERIAL PLANNING & SCHEDULING
LOCATION: LONDON AREA
- Manage cross-functional, fully integrated ERP/MRP process, incorporating “make -vs- buy”, scheduling, capacity planning, and inventories of material and associated cost elements
- Perform analyses of Customer Demand, Sales Forecasts and Historical Material Usage to develop and execute Build-to-Order and Build-to-Forecast plans. (NOT Build-to-Stock Levels!)
- Advise Department Managers of potential concerns & opportunities for improvement … and prepare Customer Delivery Reports, summarizing information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries
- Manage system to consistently evaluate, monitor and report supplier performance
- Coordinate and work with Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Tool Room & Assembly Ops to ensure 100% on-time delivery, by establishing and monitoring schedules, to proactively identify and address challenges
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by managing, (in conjunction with Finance) an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in physical inventory counts, cycle counts and taking corrective action to guard against future inconsistencies
- 5+ years of relevant experience in equivalent position in the warehousing field
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role; experience in automotive manufacturing environment
- Sound working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (and their use in a manufacturing environment)
- Experience implementing on-line scanning of parts (as they process)
- Experience improving material flow on shop floor – required
- Material flow design (redesign) experience
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement and Savings initiatives
BASE SALARY: $80,000 – $90,000
BONUS: $8,000 – $9,000 (10%)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $88,000 – $99,000
OTHER: benefits + vacation
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Doreen Silva at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; SALTY – 26A21MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description … tell Doreen specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.