Plate spinning is considered a ‘circus manipulation art’ where a person spins numerous plates atop long poles … without letting them crash to the ground.
The process requires flawless concentration and calculated movement!
The Guinness World Record for plate spinning is held by David Spathaky.
In 1996, in Bangkok … with his assistant Debbie Woolley handing him plates, Spathaky rested plates on dowels and, with a flick of his wrists … sent them spinning for minutes at a time.
He was able to reach a grand total of 108 plates, before his record-breaking feat came to an end!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … our client is looking for a Plate Spinner of their own (so to speak)!
The Lead Help Desk Specialist will manage multiple responsibilities … in a fast-paced legal environment – in downtown Toronto.
POSITION: LEAD HELP DESK SPECIALIST
INDUSTRY: LEGAL SERVICES
Our client is a prominent business law firm providing strategic legal and business advice in all areas of business law. They are located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, and looking for a Lead Help Desk Specialist.
- First level escalation point for service desk agents
- Assist agents in determining reported issues -vs- work product requests
- Assist users in resolution of computer and application problems by responding to requests, efficiently
- Research, resolve and respond to user issues over phone, at their desk … or remotely
- Provide first level support to users including; internet configuration + troubleshooting. configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting application software, desktop operating systems, PC’s + peripherals
- Install and configure end user devices and maintain up-to-date images for various hardware platforms
- PC hardware and software diagnostics + basic network troubleshooting
- Determine escalation points to second level without jeopardizing resolution timelines and make process improvement recommendations to management
- Support organization’s standard suite of software; Microsoft Office 365 Suite, iManage DMS, Acumin accounting, Workshare Compare, Litera Numbering, Metadact metadata removal, Nuance, etc.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology – required
- 5+ years’ Help Desk experience
- Experience working in a legal / professional services environment (preferred)
- At times, there is a need to alternate shifts, in order to accommodate vacation and other absenteeism
- Flexibility to provide rotational, after-hours support
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft 365 core applications, is essential
- Experience working with ServiceNow + the adoption of ITSM best practices
BASE SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $75,000
OTHER: bonus + benefits + vacation + professional programs
INTERESTED? If so … there are 3 things we need from you;
- Send your resume to Doreen Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure subject line of email reads; SPIN – 9A21MTCHFBL
- In a short email … tell Doreen why you would like to be considered for this position.