As we enter a new year … this story serves as inspiration for us all!
Adam Brown of Hot Springs, Arkansas was an A-student and star football player – with a bright future. That is, until he met a lady with a drug habit.
Adam had never dabbled in hard drugs … but after one hit of crack-cocaine – he was hooked.
His life spiraled quickly … and he began stealing to support his drug habit.
Shortly after that girlfriend left him, police found him in a crack house … laying in a pool of blood.
Facing 11 felony charges, he chose to enter a drug rehab to avoid jail time.
Adam eventually cleaned up his act and persuaded the Navy SEALs to give him a chance.
During a training accident, Adam lost his right eye … so he learned to shoot, using his left.
In Afghanistan, he suffered a freak accident resulting in his right hand being mangled – he learned to shoot with his left!
By age 33 … Adam suffered with arthritis, a bad back, a broken leg and surgery on both ankles – but he refused to quit.
In March 2010, while on special mission in Afghanistan – Adam was struck by enemy fire and died.
While his story ended tragically, Brown’s life is a testament to what can be accomplished by perseverance and hard work!
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
POSITION: AIR & OCEAN FREIGHT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: MANAGER, AIR AND OCEAN FREIGHT
INDUSTRY: SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS
LOCATION: MISSISSAUGA (HOME BASED DURING COVID19)
Our client is a trusted brand in the Supply Chain and Logistics space, focused on conducting business with F500’s.
They’re a multi-million dollar, publicly traded company with an aggressive strategy of diversification and acquisition.
- Ensure all air and ocean freight forwarding customer requests are handled with urgency in execution
- Quote, update load status, and coordinate customs clearance
- Arrange /manage shipments with major shipping lines, airlines, transport companies and courier companies
- Ensure shipping documentation is on-point! (BOL, invoices, packing list, certificates of origin and clearance)
- Air and Ocean Import and Export: 3 years (Required). Air and Ocean Dangerous Goods certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of international import / export rules and regulations, Inco terms.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service as this is a full cycle role
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000
OTHER: benefits + rrsp + vacation
INTERESTED? There are 3 things we’ll need from you;
1. Please send your resume to Jordana Matsos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ensure subject line of your email reads; NO QUIT – 01A12-MTCHFBL
3. In a short email … explain how your experience fits what we’ve outlined above.