In 1986, Valerio Viccei fled Italy (he was wanted for 50 armed robberies) … and arrived in London, England.
The next year, he and his accomplice, Parvez Latif walked into the KSDC and asked to rent a safe deposit box.
Once inside the vault, the men brandished their pistols and overpowered the bank manager and his guards.
They hung a ‘closed’ sign on the front door, while ushering a few accomplices into the bank.
Ransacking the vault … the thieves fled with an estimated £60 million (nearly $200 million USD by today’s standards). Viccei then hopped on a plane to South America – his riches in tow!
While in South America, Viccei began to yearn for the Ferrari Testarossa he had left behind in England. So … he made the decision to return to London and make arrangements to have his car shipped to his new home.
Needless to say – not the best idea he ever had.
Upon returning to the UK, he was identified, captured, arrested … and sentenced to 22 years in jail!
Long story short, he was deported to Italy in 1992 to serve out the rest of his sentence.
In April 2000, while on a day pass from prison … he was killed in a gunfight with police.
What does this have to do with Match and Fable’s latest role?
That said … if you are a skilled sales hunter and know how to uncover opportunities … your bank account could see quite the boost in 2021!
Our client knows the best hunters don’t make for the best farmers – (and vice-versa).
And that’s why, in this role … you’ll be solely responsible for selling logistics services – period!
You’ll be supporting profitable sales growth via net new acquisition of multi-national clients.
You can sell anywhere in North America – into any industry or vertical.
Our client is looking for a strategic sales hunter who instinctively leaves no stone unturned.
In a perfect world … the candidate will have a few years in the logistics space.
The unicorn scenario is a candidate with ambition, positive discontent, a relentless spirit and a hunger to win … oh yeah, and a damn good hunter!
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN
REPORTS TO: EVP, SALES
LOCATION: CALGARY OR EDMONTON
- Promote organization’s transportation services to secure new business revenue and achieve sales targets
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
- Understand prospects’ financial objectives and link company’s value proposition, accordingly
- Collaborate with internal departments to advance sales cycles and secure revenue opportunities
- Establish extensive relationships at executive levels & across multiple decision makers (high, deep & wide)
- Partner with internal departments in order to provide best product offerings and close opportunities
- 2+ years’ transportation / logistics sales … with a new business focus – not account management!
- Ability to utilize consultative selling process to present client-needs-oriented solutions
- A track record of quota achievement (and hopefully … over-achievement)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong communication, customer service and computer skills
BASE SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
ON-TARGET VARIABLE: $60,000 (uncapped)
ON-TARGET EARNINGS: $130,000 – $140,000
OTHER: car allowance + benefits + WFH office
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED?
1: Email your resume to Jordana Matsos at; email@example.com.
2: Ensure the subject line reads; STICK ‘EM UP – 18J20MTCHFBL.
3: Based on the job description, tell Jordana specifically … why you’re a fit for this role.